Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alien next for Heighway

toads

The other daunting thing I have discovered from a tech perspective, seems they didn't ship with a wiring diagram ? :o :x

Been doing a bit of hunting, best I have come across so far is a block diagram which is of very limited usefulness.

Someone will make or discover one eventually, otherwise I'll have to document it from what I'm working on in front of me at some point.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sore subject indeed. I guess that was originally your order then, the LE426 that is on the market in europe for US18k? .... that would make it even harder I imagine.

Can empathise in some way.

Still trying to discuss the legacy though, the game that should have been.

We had 20 or so come to Australia, more than half of those were sold back overseas. We are just lucky in Oz that there were a owners/sellers specifically wanting to see them stay in Oz, rather than just chasing the profiting by shipping them back out again..

Nobody was chasing profit, nobody here wanted them, they were unreliable no support and no parts available, 2 we sold we had to buy back from customers as couldn't get parts to repair them, at the time we sold the Standards for $9k US and the LE for 10k US same as we were selling them for here, most who bought overseas bought because no production games made it to the USA, one was damaged in shipping and cost $6k to repair. The last one we sold and LE we got $13k US enough in the end to cover what we lost on the deal, It was a clusterfbfj from the beginning, I was lucky to get the batch we got, and had to pay freight twice as Heighway didn't pay the forwarder. Same thing going on with JJP POTC overseas buyers wanting them and prices increasing as no stock overseas.

Nobody was chasing profit, nobody here wanted them, they were unreliable no support and no parts available, 2 we sold we had to buy back from customers as couldn't get parts to repair them, at the time we sold the Standards for $9k US and the LE for 10k US same as we were selling them for here, most who bought overseas bought because no production games made it to the USA, one was damaged in shipping and cost $6k to repair. The last one we sold and LE we got $13k US enough in the end to cover what we lost on the deal, It was a clusterfbfj from the beginning, I was lucky to get the batch we got, and had to pay freight twice as Heighway didn't pay the forwarder. Same thing going on with JJP POTC overseas buyers wanting them and prices increasing as no stock overseas.

All fair points, I do get it. Sorry I didn't mean to blame or make it sound like anyone was doing the wrong thing, especially financial terms... money makes the world go round. I realise alot of people lost money or missed out. Just a situation that sucked.

People here wanted them, I was one of them!. There were others, probably in the same boat as me, not having accumulated the sum of money in the required short time as they dissapeared (after finally knowing parts were available and the game worked). I was more thinking how one was for sale privately in Oz (Owners <sellers>), and every man and his dog chimed in on the thread and suggested selling it overseas to get the most from it. My interests were around games staying in Australia as much as possible, so that more Aussie pinheads might get the chance to play this great game one day!. Thankfully the seller kept the game for Aussie buyers to consider. Grateful!

Hopefully Pinball Brothers work something out, it would sell well as the evolved final product it became, regardless of cabinet shape. Make the cabinet standard widebody for economics whatever, but keep playfield design and code (even the system is Ok) the same = Winner!

I first played it at ACS in Adelaide. Watched it evolve. It seemed frought with trouble to begin with, but Very good now. Been playing a few games and it is very playable and addictive, exciting!.

I'd certainly be down for a game from any new production run, as long as it is the same game! ... not something altered and ported to Proc or whatever, with playfield altrerations. That would evoke potential swathe of new "teething problems" and costs. The engineering is done! . Practicality and economics surely dictates that it would only be a re-run of the same whole "guts", but maybe just with a more standard cabinet enclosing it.

Sore subject indeed. I guess that was originally your order then, the LE426 that is on the market in europe for US18k? .... that would make it even harder I imagine.

Can empathise in some way.

Still trying to discuss the legacy though, the game that should have been.

We had 20 or so come to Australia, more than half of those were sold back overseas. We are just lucky in Oz that there were a owners/sellers specifically wanting to see them stay in Oz, rather than just chasing the profiting by shipping them back out again..

Yup. Long story on that. Andrew sold it to me first for my preorder in 2015, but then used it later for that guy who bought several alien pins and several full throttles as a "incentive" to put the money up front. I was told it was never made....then that listing popped up. Needless to say we both are in the same boat after the liquidation...however he ended up with it in the end so as far as who is the rightful owner goes, possession is 9/10ths the law again and Heighway is no more so my proof of ownership is no longer valid. I'm trying to work a deal out with him currently and will probably end up buying it.....again....for the second time....and now will have paid over $25k.......yeah I think I have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup. Long story on that. Andrew sold it to me first for my preorder in 2015, but then used it later for that guy who bought several alien pins and several full throttles as a "incentive" to put the money up front. I was told it was never made....then that listing popped up. Needless to say we both are in the same boat after the liquidation...however he ended up with it in the end so as far as who is the rightful owner goes, possession is 9/10ths the law again and Heighway is no more so my proof of ownership is no longer valid. I'm trying to work a deal out with him currently and will probably end up buying it.....again....for the second time....and now will have paid over $25k.......yeah I think I have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes you do. For that kind of outlay, you could nearly make your own alien pin

Timebandit has done the addressable LED's & standup switches w/ better LED's. Top quality kit.

Inductor switches about.

The IO boards can be easily sorted with Avrdude if/when the PIC32 bootloader "disappears". I sorted that one.

Detailed component analysis of IO boards is done - not me. Big or little mosfets usual suspects.

Persons unknown may have Gerber files for these.

PC's easy to get/replace.

Plastics available, LCD's too.

P-Roc port when cows come home. 98,000 lines of code in "other game". Alien way more.

Timebandit has done the addressable LED's & standup switches w/ better LED's. Top quality kit.

Inductor switches about.

The IO boards can be easily sorted with Avrdude if/when the PIC32 bootloader "disappears". I sorted that one.

Detailed component analysis of IO boards is done - not me. Big or little mosfets usual suspects.

Persons unknown may have Gerber files for these.

PC's easy to get/replace.

Plastics available, LCD's too.

P-Roc port when cows come home. 98,000 lines of code in "other game". Alien way more.

Yes I was the one who reverse engineered the Jaw Boards and made them, also ran the IO Boards and have a stack of NOS parts Inc LE Panels and backglasses etc

complete xeno Mechs and sensor boards

- - - Updated - - -

Mine still sitting in the box because I’ve got nowhere to put it at the moment.

Was I meant to have sent you an Alien???

Might have been a Thunderbirds by Mistake (--)

• Like 2

Good engineering W.

Got any hair left after all the shenanigans, and have you got any Full Throttle PF parts?

No T-Bag here. I remember the pens that didn't work, fuses that didn't fit...

Yes I was the one who reverse engineered the Jaw Boards and made them, also ran the IO Boards and have a stack of NOS parts Inc LE Panels and backglasses etc

complete xeno Mechs and sensor boards

- - - Updated - - -

Was I meant to have sent you an Alien???

Might have been a Thunderbirds by Mistake (--)

Not cool :lol

• 10 months later...

Anyone after an Alien Pinball, with a parts bundle?

Alien SE

-Beacon lights

-2x facehugger spare targets

1-x IO board

-some other spares

-Playfield protector for the game

-clear speaker panels

US$12,000

Says may be negotiable. Ship from Netherlands.

Posting for a friend, he upgraded to an LE.

They are trading for quite a bit more than this in the US.

• 1 month later...

Not cool :lol

Ahhh a lucky dip. Maybe you got real lucky and got Tbag :lol:lol:lol @Ballypinball Is back at the shop playing a nice Alien!!

Now that would be a disappointment :cry

Shame this went tits up. I think it would have sold gangbusters if there wasn’t the drama. I had my name down for one but after Bumper 3.0 I had had enough.

Shame this went tits up. I think it would have sold gangbusters if there wasn’t the drama. I had my name down for one but after Bumper 3.0 I had had enough.

Yep was oh so close to signing up ... still it's a dream theme for me ("Shutup and take my money" ... if only :cry)

• Like 2

Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean WOW.....

I know of the one in Qld and it's a ripper.....

You should ask the owner for a game.....

I am pretty sure he would let you have a go....:laugh:

• Like 1

@Saber how reliable has the game & mechs been? Any wear & tear issues on the PF or plastics?
Only issues ive had has been I/O board issues from their faulty design. Plastics and everything are holding up great, and im still using acrylics and not PETG. No mechanical issues in about a year of owning it.
  • Like 2