Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vpgl2 game 6 - lord of the rings

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

I had 2 ROMs in my ROMS folder, lotr.zip and lotr_le.zip, so I changed line 187 to "Const RomSet1 = "lotr" 'USA" and it worked and played OK. Is there an issue with my lotr_le rom maybe?

Or maybe it's not saving after I edit the script and it's still looking for lotr9.zip which I don't have?

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I think it's just a naming issue as lotr_le.zip works here just depends on that filename.

download rom here..

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=4154

Yes you should save it after editing the script, though it should work within that session without saving.
    Last edited by StevOz; 31st October 2014 at 04:02 PM.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1987 Post(s)
    The LE rules should be no different.
    Keen to check it out when I get near the computer again.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

been busy with starting a new job recently and sadly lacking in Pinny time.

had a few games tonight and got a PB ! happy with this as at least I'm beating you Paul

oh and destroyed one ring but it took me ages to do it, 1:20 or something. Funny that, shots you can hit normally one after the other, light it up, can't hit it for love nor money.
    Last edited by Jed; 1st November 2014 at 02:54 PM.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Attachment 71003

Lucky to even get the time to download the table let alone play it... Life not going to plan at the moment.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Last day for LOTR, will post the new table this afternoon so we're back on the sunday to sunday gameplay

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    I just noticed how you have the dmd below the backglass on your screen @Jammasized

I didn't know you could do that. Might he something for me to look at. That explains a bit on how a widescreen can be used as a backglass.

With that in mind, how does a 3rd screen make things any better?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Another Rat View Post
    I just noticed how you have the dmd below the backglass on your screen @Jammasized

I didn't know you could do that. Might he something for me to look at. That explains a bit on how a widescreen can be used as a backglass.

With that in mind, how does a 3rd screen make things any better?
    Well, this is where we have a seperation of users of Vpinball machines between the 2 screen and the three screen camp. Personally I don't think three screens are necessary for a good vpin. I use 2x 40" LCD - the backglass is a 40" Sony Bravia mounted vertically.The playfield is a 40" Samsung. I got both cheap on gumtree 2nd hand. for DMD machines, All B2S backglasses have the grille space where the DMD and speakers normally are on the real article.. You basically drag your DMD display up onto the second display. using DMDmover app, you can run it once, and it will then position ALL your DMD's there without having to do it manually. I make my DMD take up that whole space on the backglass, cause it gives you a real nice big DMD, the individual dots display better, and especially is fantastic for video modes, especially in games like indiana Jones, Attack from Mars, etc etc. My speakers are mounted inside the headbox above the screen. Yes this means that my vpin does not look 'authentic' when playing DMD games but I don't care It's virtual pinball after all.

having a nice big 4:3 aspect for your backglass also makes older EM and SS B2S look correct - and these are my favourites. I like DMD games too but not as much. I think also, Visual Pinball renders EM and SS better, as there is less on the playfield to display, it all is much crisper and clearer.

I should add I took Dedrok's 'Dedpin' as inspiration when I was building mine. He based his plans on the specs of his genuine Judge Dredd cabinet. I was lucky enough to find a Judge Dredd Cabinet stripped, in excellent condition, and just down the road from me ! I built my Vpin into that. I'll post some pics sometime soon.

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Jammasized,
    Sure you might have beaten me again but just quietly between you and me; you are nowhere near Dedrok!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    Jammasized,
    Sure you might have beaten me again but just quietly between you and me; you are nowhere near Dedrok!
    Really, you think ?

And on that note.... the quest for the ring is over. Dedrok makes it 6/6 - can anyone stop the march to a clean sweep ? Cruiserman gets his 6thh second place, alos a fine effort. And Kane as usual rounding out the podium, those top 3 have proven extremely consistant all tournament.

Results are:

1. Dedrok: 2,625,395,700 - 25 points
    2. Cruiserman: 299,366,180 - 20
    3. Kane: 250,681,050 - 16
    4. Foot: 176,024,570 - 13
    5. StevOz: 134,082,200 - 11
    6. Jammasized: 54,967,910 - 10
    7. Matty_g_8: 47,276,620 - 9
    8. MrBungle: 41,320,360 - 8
    9. Another Rat: 19,157,740

LAdder update and new table to follow shortly.
    Last edited by Jed; 2nd November 2014 at 06:09 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information