Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vpgl2 game 6 - lord of the rings

It's not working for me, Script Error Line 62 - Game Name Not Found!

What did I do wrong?

StevOz, on 31 Oct 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

It has come to my attention that the script of this table needs to be corrected to use the latest rom, edit line 187 in the script to this. Just click the Script icon just above the Play icon in the editor to open the script and after editing save the table, File > Save.

Const RomSet1 = "lotr_le" 'USA

Sorry about that...and damn I've been using the old rom all this comp!

Line 62..mmm, have to look at that as well then...Yeah just checked it out and it should be good to go so long as you just change line 187 as above.

Line 62..mmm, have to look at that as well then...Yeah just checked it out and it should be good to go so long as you just change line 187 as above.

I tried it before and after editing line 187, still had issues with line 62 both times, I'll try again, maybe I stuffed it up...

I had 2 ROMs in my ROMS folder, lotr.zip and lotr_le.zip, so I changed line 187 to "Const RomSet1 = "lotr" 'USA" and it worked and played OK. Is there an issue with my lotr_le rom maybe?

Or maybe it's not saving after I edit the script and it's still looking for lotr9.zip which I don't have?

been busy with starting a new job recently and sadly lacking in Pinny time.

had a few games tonight and got a PB ! happy with this as at least I'm beating you Paul :096:

http://i.imgur.com/C4wRebD.jpg?1

oh and destroyed one ring but it took me ages to do it, 1:20 or something. Funny that, shots you can hit normally one after the other, light it up, can't hit it for love nor money.

Edited by Jed

I just noticed how you have the dmd below the backglass on your screen @Jammasized

I didn't know you could do that. Might he something for me to look at. That explains a bit on how a widescreen can be used as a backglass.

With that in mind, how does a 3rd screen make things any better?

Well, this is where we have a seperation of users of Vpinball machines between the 2 screen and the three screen camp. Personally I don't think three screens are necessary for a good vpin. I use 2x 40" LCD - the backglass is a 40" Sony Bravia mounted vertically.The playfield is a 40" Samsung. I got both cheap on gumtree 2nd hand. for DMD machines, All B2S backglasses have the grille space where the DMD and speakers normally are on the real article.. You basically drag your DMD display up onto the second display. using DMDmover app, you can run it once, and it will then position ALL your DMD's there without having to do it manually. I make my DMD take up that whole space on the backglass, cause it gives you a real nice big DMD, the individual dots display better, and especially is fantastic for video modes, especially in games like indiana Jones, Attack from Mars, etc etc. My speakers are mounted inside the headbox above the screen. Yes this means that my vpin does not look 'authentic' when playing DMD games but I don't care :D It's virtual pinball after all.

having a nice big 4:3 aspect for your backglass also makes older EM and SS B2S look correct - and these are my favourites. I like DMD games too but not as much. I think also, Visual Pinball renders EM and SS better, as there is less on the playfield to display, it all is much crisper and clearer.

I should add I took Dedrok's 'Dedpin' as inspiration when I was building mine. He based his plans on the specs of his genuine Judge Dredd cabinet. I was lucky enough to find a Judge Dredd Cabinet stripped, in excellent condition, and just down the road from me ! I built my Vpin into that. I'll post some pics sometime soon.

Jammasized,

Sure you might have beaten me again but just quietly between you and me; you are nowhere near Dedrok!

Really, you think ? ;)

And on that note.... the quest for the ring is over. Dedrok makes it 6/6 - can anyone stop the march to a clean sweep ? Cruiserman gets his 6thh second place, alos a fine effort. And Kane as usual rounding out the podium, those top 3 have proven extremely consistant all tournament.

Results are:

1. Dedrok: 2,625,395,700 - 25 points

2. Cruiserman: 299,366,180 - 20

3. Kane: 250,681,050 - 16

4. Foot: 176,024,570 - 13

5. StevOz: 134,082,200 - 11

6. Jammasized: 54,967,910 - 10

7. Matty_g_8: 47,276,620 - 9

8. MrBungle: 41,320,360 - 8

9. Another Rat: 19,157,740 - 7

LAdder update and new table to follow shortly.

Edited by Jed