Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jurassic Park Data East Slam Tilt Problem

thegrunta666

Question

Hi All

I have a Data East Jurassic Park that has a small issue.

When the ball goes down the left return ( switch 23 ) it puts the machine into the slam tilt reset.... mind you if you trip the slam tilt on the coin door, this also works correctly.

From what I can figure the CPU strobes the switches via connector 8 and reads the switch state on inputs to connector 10.

Therefore my guess is either transistor Q55 or 53 is false triggering stuffing up what input the CPU is looking for and getting it wrong.

Has anyone had this sort of fault before? and if so who were the usual suspects in the world of components !!!

This is the first Data East I have tackled, used to Bally machines.

So any feedback would be wonderful ( I dont want to be pulling the CPU out lots of times )

Regards the grunta

- - - Updated - - -

Also can anyone tell me what the reisitor packs are, they have a +5volt rail connected to them, are they pull up resistors???? what is this black magic !!!!

3 answers to this question

Probably more likely to be a diode problem where one switch in a row forces a back feed. The data East board is pretty much a copy of the Williams System 11A board. The resistors drop the voltage to the lamps/solenoids. Just like the System 11 they are prone to burn up the board and cause dry joints.

Hope this helps

Could also be the track you were on and one of the small transistors or assosiated chips are shorted.

Those resistor packs are called resistor networks , they are a bunch of resistors jammed into a small package....if one of these is shorted it would be causing your problem too

Hi Rob

I was hoping that was what it was, a dodgy Diode ! But last night, all the switches in the matrix went out of control ! So now I think it could be a problem with the connector to the board. The previous owner of this machine had the same problem, and this is a new main CPU board ! Having said that, looking at the circuit , the main way apart from a diode failure that this can occur is an earth fault on the switch sect lines, but all lines at once !!!!! So, I shall change the C10 and C8 connectors and see how that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Skybeaux

Those resistor packs, from what I can tell the have a common lead out which in this case is tied to the +5v rail ( pull up resistors ) would that be correct?????