Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE Part 8: NEW ZEALAND 2015

Hi everyone, if anyone wants some Pincade merchandise, I will bring your order to Pinball Expo if fully paid for. Paypal preferred.

T shirt (front)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%207/tshirt2_zps161b2062.jpg

Back

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%207/tshirt1_zpsc9460fc0.jpg

Coffee mugs

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%207/coffee_zps5bab6ecc.jpg

Beer mugs

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%207/beer_zps6925a7e9.jpg

Beer coolers

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%207/stubby_zps9be8fca9.jpg

T shirts are available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL and 3XL. $A20 each.

Beer mugs $A10 each, coffee mugs $A10 each and beer coolers 3 for $A20.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I expect you guys have made the usual 'hotel' bookings? Are you guys coming over to AKL and flying down to WLG with us? Maybe it's too early as I don't think anybody's booked anything yet.

Hi Yee. Adam and I will be there as well. Will have to catch up for a drink or two.

Duane.

Theres a jetstar special on atm. $149 one way (been 2 years since ive seen the $99 special and $129 has been the bargain from last year) Better still the flights from Wellington to Auckland are $31. Also they have the Poli option for payment...no $8.50 service charge for each leg (A saving of $51 for me) With this special its actually cheaper to fly AUS-WLG-AKL-AUS - if you are doing Wellington and Auckland

Im booked for my partner and I :)

OOL-WLG - Wed 4th Mar JQ167 Arr 1:30pm

WLG-AKL - Fri 6th Mar JQ64 Dep 11:30am Arr 12:35pm

AKL - OOL - Mon 9th Mar Dep 5:35pm

Yee - you also need to look at first post - your dates are incorrect (2nd part) - I hope!

Thanks for the heads up. You have booked your flight to early on friday though i see the $200 price difference may have been a factor

Theres a jetstar special on atm. $149 one way (been 2 years since ive seen the $99 special and $129 has been the bargain from last year) Better still the flights from Wellington to Auckland are $31. Also they have the Poli option for payment...no $8.50 service charge for each leg (A saving of $51 for me) With this special its actually cheaper to fly AUS-WLG-AKL-AUS - if you are doing Wellington and Auckland

Im booked for my partner and I :)

OOL-WLG - Wed 4th Mar JQ167 Arr 1:30pm

WLG-AKL - Fri 6th Mar JQ64 Dep 11:30am Arr 12:35pm

AKL - OOL - Mon 9th Mar Dep 5:35pm

Yee - you also need to look at first post - your dates are incorrect (2nd part) - I hope!

Edited by Brett2280

Comp is on Thursday night...breakfast on Friday morning then off to Auckland (not confirmed but was from the previous posts)...wow ...just looked at flights again...the first 5 flights were $31...next price was $89. I decided it was a good time to go...only an hour difference between the next flight

Hi Jas, yes you are right about the dates, I've corrected them now. It's great to see some people book. Rotordave said there was lots & lots of interest when he went to Newcastle for the Aussie champs. There's a contingent of about 9 kiwis visiting Pinball Expo so if anybody wants to ask us questions there, let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in again for sure. Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You can stay at the same place if you want!

Edited by rocky2

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/journey-through-nz-sale

Not sure if these will be the best prices.... There is only one flight back on Monday too... back to Syd that is..

- - - Updated - - -

Auckland flights: $139.13 leaving 11:40 arrive 16:45 on Friday the 6th.... Tuesday leave 15:30 arrive Syd 17:10 for $96.38.... thats the best return to Auckland leaving at reasonable times...

• 3 weeks later...

Yee, It is true, my son and I are attending the pincade at both places, Wellington and Auckland. Hope we will have more time to visit Willie' s place ! I will also take my son to Matamata at the beginning of the week (on tuesday for example) then fly to Wellington on Wednesday to visit Weta Cave the day before the pincade is beginning.

Another very important point is : where is the place that heve been booked in Wellington, we will be there for 2 nights so if someone have the information, would be better if we book altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Yee, It is true, my son and I are attending the pincade at both places, Wellington and Auckland. Hope we will have more time to visit Willie' s place ! I will also take my son to Matamata at the beginning of the week (on tuesday for example) then fly to Wellington on Wednesday to visit Weta Cave the day before the pincade is beginning.

Another very important point is : where is the place that heve been booked in Wellington, we will be there for 2 nights so if someone have the information, would be better if we book altogether.

Hi Franck

Welcome! Pincade is looking forward to the pinball battle ahead.

We are trying to negotiate good rates at hotels close to the Thur night venue. We will post here when we can recommend a hotel.

If you fly into Auckland first, let me know and I'll arrange it with Willie.

Cheers

Yee.

For those of you who don't know Franck, he is currently ranked 28th in the world and in the past he has won many titles including some European championships.

He came over this year (not during Pincade) and left many high scores on our games which are nearly impossible to beat.

Edited by rocky2

I'm going to start the hunt tonight for airfares in and out of Auckland from Sydney. Can someone give a ballpark on what the bench mark maybe for a good flight deal please.

I think a really cheap fare with no check-in baggage and no frills would be about $300-$320.

Checked it out a week ago JPD - currently lowest fares would be around the $340/350 mark for SYD-AKL-SYD (and I work on airline software!!).

Have the bit of paper at work with all the fares - will text you carriers tomorrow.

Keep an eye out for specials - appears we missed one a few weeks back.

Ok, thank you so much for tracking airfares, it is not an easy task, for example, it cost me 850 euros for Londo to Sydney with qantas on a airbus a 380 comfortable airplane, this year, for the same flight the same dates at the same booking time it is 1150 euros, really hard to tell how the airfare is working, beware of ip tracking !! If you have special deals, don t hesitate to tell us.

Yee, my ranking is not as impressive as it was a few years ago, I am getting old !

We first arriving in Auckland on monday and if Willy wants to play pinball on monday evening with us, it could be nice.

Another point is that my son and I will combine a Hobbit/lord of the ring tour with pincade as we will be in NZ from monday afternoon. We plan to eventually hire a van or a big car to drive from Auck to Matamata to visit Hobbiton (which is a very special place to visit if you like Tolkien and Lord of the rings), then drive to Rotorua, which is a very nice natural spot to visit.

The day after (wednesday) could be the time to go to Piopio to visit a natural spot where Radagast the green was living and breathe the natural air in the morning then return to Akl airport to fly to Wellington (where Smaug defends the place) to visit Weta Cave in the morning then pincade in the afternoon and BBQ, then friend, beer, pinball !

If you feel interested in this part of hobbiton/lord of the rings stuf, make me a mp !

Then we can fly to Wellington and visit Weta Cave on the morning before the pincade starts.

Anyway, I feel the same way as I did last year and feel very humble and lucky to make it again, mini-me will be very very happy to share this travel with me, it is such a wonderful pinball event with very friendly pinball, impossible to miss that if you are near !

Agree with Woka. Once you have done Hobbiton and Rotorua it is only a 6 hour drive to Wellington and you'd get to see a lot more of NZ on the way. Lake Taupo, The Desert Road, The Central Plateau with the three volcanoes (one of which is Mt Doom in LOTR), The Pillars of Hercules, the DC3 Cafe in Mangaweka and then head for the coast for the final run to Welly's. :)

Oh BTW, my Mum lives on the Central Plateau at the foot of the volcanoes, so if you would like to spend the night in that area to do some activities she has a little cottage separate at her place that I could arrange for you to use, free of charge. Maybe a drive up to the skifields and then catch the chairlifts up the mountains etc?/ Anyway, the offer is there.

Oh BTW, my Mum lives on the Central Plateau at the foot of the volcanoes, so if you would like to spend the night in that area to do some activities she has a little cottage separate at her place that I could arrange for you to use, free of charge. Maybe a drive up to the skifields and then catch the chairlifts up the mountains etc?/ Anyway, the offer is there.

Duly noted for my next trip to NZ! :D

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Ha ha, absolutely mate. Tongariro Crossing is right near her place. It is considered to be one of the top 5 day walks in the world. Spectacular!

As is all of NZ! I would love to spend a month over there Malcolm, so maybe Pincade #9 might have to be a big one! :)

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.