Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 8 ~ Galaga ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Rob Mc, Jammasized and Fire_Power were all at Pinfest and I would have walked past you all at some stage I'd say and I never actually met any of you.... can you all please wear name tags (with your Aussie Arcade name) next year?

Yeah, i think that is a good idea. I was wondering who is who but no real way of knowing and that room was so packed and the sheer noise amazing. +1 for the MGL shirt idea too. Sounds like a job for @MamePatrol / noodleshirt ?

- - - Updated - - -

@Barra shirt from FleaEbay a while back now, got it and a DK shirt the same place. Should be able to find by search. Both games i cant actually play :D

So Rob Mc, Jammasized and Fire_Power were all at Pinfest and I would have walked past you all at some stage I'd say and I never actually met any of you.... can you all please wear name tags (with your Aussie Arcade name) next year?

I spent most of the time in the competition room and was wearing a sticker with my name. Just had an extra 5 letters.

Would've liked to catch up with Jammasized, Another Rat and a few others but it wasn't to be this time.

Now I need to use all the secrets I told Fire_Power before Barra puts us all to shame. ;)

I spent most of the time in the competition room and was wearing a sticker with my name. Just had an extra 5 letters.

Would've liked to catch up with Jammasized, Another Rat and a few others but it wasn't to be this time.

Now I need to use all the secrets I told Fire_Power before Barra puts us all to shame. ;)

Just saw you were 1st placed after the first day of the comp, well done. Chuckled at the Rooster to Feather Duster comment but 4th isn't to be sneezed at either - congrats. EDY is a machine, he rules the Vpin comp here utterly :) I walked over to the comp room for a bit to see if I could see anyone as I would have liked to have met a few of you guys but yeah - maybe next time with a bit more preparation beforehand ie "I'll be wearing a pair of steel balls" ;)

Hmmm, I'm assuming it takes a difficulty jump or they change the way they move on stage 20, I have only had three games and scored 250k, 249k, 248k in that order. I'm not sure when I lost ships on the first two games, but on the last game I lost 3 ships on stage 20 and another on stage 21.

I know I have scored much better BITD but I was never really good at Galaga, I guess my PB is under 500k. I enjoy Gaplus more and although the action is much faster and more frantic I actually find it easier and can get 1mill+ on that, boring bouncy challenge stages though, they made a step backwards there.

Hey @Another Rat check in your profile to see if you have any forum storage space left, I couldn't upload and it took me awhile to find out I had run out of space. I upgraded my account, but I'm also trialling IMGUR for hosting and linking pics that also has an android app so I can send pics easily from my phone.

Hi @OOO , I was doing a little research on Galaga and I've come across a method of playing the game in a certain way that stops enemy fire. Is this method deemed cheating in this comp? There's no button presses or secret codes, it's something that's triggered by the way you play.

What's the ruling on this? I want to be clear so everyone has a fair shot and plays by the same boundaries.

Can anyone clarify.

P.S my score was playing just as std.

If it seems like cheating then it probably is :) I did the trick in the arcades BITD as it even became well known then....but it's boring to do more than a couple of times.

Very true. It's funny I tried this and ended up 6000 points less than my submission the other day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69992[/ATTACH]

Slowly improving but a long way to go to get a decent score..

Well there is a long way to go in time to get there (another 2 weeks!) ... nice starting score! ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif ... :)

Hi @OOO , I was doing a little research on Galaga and I've come across a method of playing the game in a certain way that stops enemy fire. Is this method deemed cheating in this comp?
Yes this is a cheat ... :(

• Super Moderator

I wont get to play until Monday, bloody holidays, what are you going to do....

This is my Galaga workbench, I really should get stuck back into into. Last MGL I think I was at 525K. Haven't cracked a Million since 1996 (pre kids, hit it every day after work on the good old cocktail). Maybe now they're older they will leave me alone...!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/DerekFoot/Finishedglass1.jpg

This is my Galaga workbench, I really should get stuck back into into. Last MGL I think I was at 525K. Haven't cracked a Million since 1996 (pre kids, hit it every day after work on the good old cocktail). Maybe now they're older they will leave me alone...!

What a very nice workbench! I 'd like to have one of those! Very smick!

1 million BITD is outstanding. Can you hit the million and maybe a PB all time over 18 years later? ... I hope you can ... :)

• Administrators

You guys must be holding out on us.

I simply cannot be the highest scorer on this game as I generally suck at it. In fact I don't like playing it finding it extremely boring.

I've had a few more goes and increased my score by a whopping 2000 points :rolleyes

Cheers,

Brad

Any chance of seeing a full photo of your machine? Look great.