Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 22 - Game 7 ~ Berzerk ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

Intruder Alert! ?

MGL 22 ? Game 7 ~ Berzerk

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BerzerkMGL22settingsFinal_zpsd7154e96.png

Nominated by AA legends: Nicko71 and Jammasized

Current AA Champ of Berzerk: Kane 13,520

ROM: berzerk (set 1)

Please note you can download the sound samples so you can hear this game as it is meant to be played from Twisty?s - Older Samples - http://samples.mameworld.info/

Game Story:

Humanoid player runs through maze-like rooms, destroying robots while avoiding their fire. The indestructable Evil Otto is the game's timer, forcing the player to move on. One of the first talking games.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

This game finishes Sunday 5 October 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

GAME 7 Attack all humanoids ?

:006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Berzerk4Final_zps1fa17147.png

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 7 and setting a new AA record.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BerzerkMGL22Winner_zps9b10a89c.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One quick game with the joystick still set to 4 way. I'll get the screwdriver out either tomorrow or Friday.

Once again my past catches up with me. Early 80's in while my Dad was stationed in Melbourne. Berzerk replaced Space Invaders in the foyer of the Summerhill Hotel and was eventually replaced by Scramble. My main memories of Berzerk back then are a massive bat handle joystick and the fact that it was so bloody hard

berzerk.png.ba82fb593e236b494e4a8ee911ae970c.png

I have the speech from Bezerk set up as sounds on my mame PC's......boot up = "coin detected in pocket" shutdown = "chicken fight like a robot" .........it's the little things, you understand :redface

First sampled speech I ever heard on an Arcade machine was Berzerk, blew my mind. The laundromat close to my high school BITD had an upright Berzerk cabinet, I loved the way when it wasn't being played, you would hear 'coin detected in pocket' :) I also remember it being so hard that I just watched others play it mainly, and took my 20's over the road to the Arcade to play things that gave me better value for money. Only got into it through mame. From about 8/9k onwards, the game gets very challenging. Kane's score of 13k plus from MGL12 is a really good score !

Edit: for people wanting to learn the game, it might help to play on the set 2 ROM first - it's quite a bit friendlier.

Once you hit 8,000 the bullets are at their fastest, so most games end between 8 and 9k :rolleyes Lost three lives in a row at the end of this game due to uncooperative robot spawn positions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69277[/ATTACH]

Little bit more...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69278[/ATTACH]

Edited by kane

Little bit more...

Go kane! Can you beat your PB of 13,520? It would be super if you can ... :)

Jammasized and many others (I am sure) are going to give this game a strong hit ... :headbuttwall:

I mean who wants to be the champ of one of the toughest games of all time ... Berzerk ... if you can handle it!

Disregard my previous scores, I was playing on set 2 (its whats on RU)

Took me a few goes to adjust (as you can see) but almost matched my previous score. Actually liking this now I know what to do

0001.png.4999488b9adf48dd2351b8149698d9df.png

BTW I'm assuming we aren't allowed pattern play? It's a variation at TG but IMO it ruins the game if you know whats coming next