Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Package of 416 VP9 2screen tables and db2s backglasses to match, ready to play

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, completely new to VP. I've downloaded the VPX setup installer over at VP forums and Jed's handiwork from this thread (grabbed from the first post). I've run the installer and assume now ready to copy the table and rom packs across. I've trawled through the thread from start to finish and couldn't really find a guide on the correct way to do this. Is anyone able to give me a quick run down or point me to a decent guide? Cheers.

if you got the torrent with the 426 then it would be along the lines mentioned in here .

If you got the download with the VP10 and 9 games, then the best bet is to start in VPforums of how to setup your PC etc..

There is lots to learn and gotcha's with setting up, good luck, start your own thread with the steps etc. and you'll probably get some assistance as you go.

• 2 months later...

Package of 416 VP9 2screen tables and db2s backglasses to match, ready to play

Can't seed as I have no Internet anymore.

Some of the pack I extracted had 0bytes for a lot of the media.

Can someone else confirm that they are all good and if it was my extraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VP is such a dynamic and updated beast these days any torrent is going to be obsolete, within weeks, if not days without a dedicated seeder and one that actually updates said torrent to include all the latest.

A VP setup consists of many programs, VP is just one and already is at 10.2, though most earlier versions can run and coexist in the same directories, so we have multiple versions of VP just for starters, try to add a newly released table, without the latest updated VP and vpinmame and you will be in for a world of grief. VPinmame is also updated often now at 2.7 which is what I consider the current stable version, although there is a 2.8. The tables are constantly reworked and replaced by better versions also.

Really the only way to experience VP at it best and do the simulation justice is to register at the VP sites and download the latest files then install them, really it is, see this is the latest Funhouse and it is amazing!

http://vpforums.org/imghost/106/fhfds_t.jpg

That torrent is already so out of date you are really just chasing shadows at best.

Most up to date VP sites listed...

http://vpinball.com/

http://www.vpforums.org/

http://vpuniverse.com/

VP is such a dynamic and updated beast these days any torrent is going to be obsolete, within weeks, if not days without a dedicated seeder and one that actually updates said torrent to include all the latest.

A VP setup consists of many programs, VP is just one and already is at 10.2, though most earlier versions can run and coexist in the same directories, so we have multiple versions of VP just for starters, try to add a newly released table, without the latest updated VP and vpinmame and you will be in for a world of grief. VPinmame is also updated often now at 2.7 which is what I consider the current stable version, although there is a 2.8. The tables are constantly reworked and replaced by better versions also.

Really the only way to experience VP at it best and do the simulation justice is to register at the VP sites and download the latest files then install them, really it is, see this is the latest Funhouse and it is amazing!

http://vpforums.org/imghost/106/fhfds_t.jpg

That torrent is already so out of date you are really just chasing shadows at best.

Most up to date VP sites listed...

http://vpinball.com/

http://www.vpforums.org/

http://vpuniverse.com/

Here we go again, getting sightly bored of people bringing down the sharing aspect of packs, and instead focusing on ocd 'gotta have the latest or is just not fun' BS.

At the risk of repeating myself on multiple sites. This pack is a leg up for newbs that saves a shitload of time getting tables and backglasses. You can then go through, if you wish, and update what you want. But seriously, in most cases, you won't see F-all difference.

If you're not interested in the pack, just stay off the thread. You're not helping.

Fair enough, whatever Jed, your opinion. I gave mine and had at least one like for that post.

Also I know how torrents like this can work. For a torrent like this to really work and serve it's purpose it needs to be seeded and updated on a regular basis.

Like this excellent example...

http://snesmusic.org/v2/torrent.php

Once you have that torrent you only need to update it every now or then and it will just download the updates and add or replace those files to your collection, whilst seeding the torrent and all those changes whilst active.

Here we go again, getting sightly bored of people bringing down the sharing aspect of packs, and instead focusing on ocd 'gotta have the latest or is just not fun' BS.

At the risk of repeating myself on multiple sites. This pack is a leg up for newbs that saves a shitload of time getting tables and backglasses. You can then go through, if you wish, and update what you want. But seriously, in most cases, you won't see F-all difference.

If you're not interested in the pack, just stay off the thread. You're not helping.

I for one used this download when I moved from having a concept to a VP Cab @Jed and it was a fantastic leg up! It worked straight away and allowed me to get right into all of the customisations that I was after. Sure I've culled the list now to suit my needs, I've added tables and set configs up to exactly what suits me but that doesn't degrade the fact that this is where I started.

Yes the list is obsolete the second it's uploaded, but like you said, it's a leg up for newbies and I for one can't thank you enough for making the initial table setup as pain free as this pack made it. Anyone who's new to VPinball would appreciate this type of pack as it's ready to go without having to wade through the quagmire that is githuib articles, and piece meal help files that these VP cab programs have. Sure the community is a great resource but having a launching pad is a godsend from which a newbie can move on from and grow!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi All, I'm totally new this this Virtual Pinball stuff.

I downloaded the pack and having problems trying trying to run the Games using HyperPin

Can someone tell me if I need to preinstall anything prior to running this pack or is it simply copy to D:\ and run the HyperPin.exe

Also, I am totally confused with sam.vbs. Done some reading on VPforums and VPUniverse but still lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks Brad :023:

Hi All, I'm totally new this this Virtual Pinball stuff.

I downloaded the pack and having problems trying trying to run the Games using HyperPin

Can someone tell me if I need to preinstall anything prior to running this pack or is it simply copy to D:\ and run the HyperPin.exe

Also, I am totally confused with sam.vbs. Done some reading on VPforums and VPUniverse but still lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks Brad :023:

TBH I tried for a while to use Hyperpin but it was always so temperamental that I gave up and moved to PinballX.

Pinball X uses the same database files (the xml files in the Databases directory) as Hyperpin but PinballX also has a GUI game Manager and GUI setup manager to configure everything and the images around tables. The PinballX game manager even has a checkbox option to enable and disable tables so there's no need to delete them from your library as it just comments out the XML Block when a table is disabled.

install the All I One from vpforums (I think it sets all up for you), then copy the stuff over.

If you're totally new to vp then I would recommend to start with the All In one installer and then open a game from Visuall Pinball to see if it works etc..

What are you trying to run it on/in

I too would recommend swapping to Pinaball X

benird, have you been able to get PinballX to work with Brads files?

Do the Backglass also work correctly in PinballX? i found that when i got tables to work in Visual Pinball the backglass shows the correct Backglass (with speakers image) but when i run in Hyperpin it only shows a different image.

- - - Updated - - -

install the All I One from vpforums (I think it sets all up for you), then copy the stuff over.

If you're totally new to vp then I would recommend to start with the All In one installer and then open a game from Visuall Pinball to see if it works etc..

What are you trying to run it on/in

I too would recommend swapping to Pinaball X

TBH I dont have and requirments, just wanted to get some pinball tables working first.

I will look into the All in One from VPforums and see if I can get any further.

is this the All in One you are referring to mxd?

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

yep, that's the latest 1 i think.

the backglass images work in hyperpin (well they did all those years ago) and pinball x, it just may be the setup you did.

- - - Updated - - -

the images you see in the game aren't (they may but thats by chance) the same you see in the Front End so they will look different

benird, have you been able to get PinballX to work with Brads files?

Do the Backglass also work correctly in PinballX? i found that when i got tables to work in Visual Pinball the backglass shows the correct Backglass (with speakers image) but when i run in Hyperpin it only shows a different image.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH I dont have and requirments, just wanted to get some pinball tables working first.

I will look into the All in One from VPforums and see if I can get any further.

is this the All in One you are referring to mxd?

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

I used this archive when I 1st built my cab and yep it all worked well in PinballX after I copied the media directory into m,y PinballX media directory and the databases into my databases directory.

These day's I'm building my own database of VPX tables. Once it's done I'll be packaging everything up and providing it here (I've got about 100 tables left to get working before I'm ready to do that though)

Pinball X will use Visual Pinball exactly the same way as Visual Pinball works directly so the backglass will be the same whenever your'e playing.

If you mean on the PinballX interface then that's a different story as the backglass image is driven by the PinballX database. If you go into the Game Manager application (in the PinballX directory) you can go through your tables one-by-one and import Backgalss Images (in the media\visual pinball\backglass images directory), Playfield Images (in the media\visual pinball\table images directory), Wheel Images (in the media\visual pinball\wheel images directory). You can also import Instruction Cards and Flyers as-well-as table and DMD stuff but I haven't got them working yet so I can't help with them.

I haven't gotten videos to work with the Pinball X interface but it's a low priority for me so I haven't looked too far into them.