Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: VPGL2 - Table 2 - STAR WARS (Data East) - [FINISHED]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

    VPGL2 - Table 2 - STAR WARS (Data East) - [FINISHED]

    @Cruiserman continues the science fiction theme for VPGL2 with his nomination:

    VPGL2 - Table 2 - Star Wars (Data East)

    This table will be played from Sunday 17th August 5:30pm to Sunday 31st August 5:30pm

    rsz_1rsz_starwars.jpg


    TOURNEY RULES

    - 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...
    - Games will start on Sunday night, and go for 2 weeks
    - No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)
    - No buy-ins or continues
    - Vpin V9.x must be used
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score
    - you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself - this tourney is just for fun, to play and learn about tables in a casual tourney format
    - Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please

    If you haven't nominated a table and want to - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and they will be added them in. Added in. I'lladd them in. You know.

    Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

    GOOD LUCK !

    PROGRESS SCORES:

    1. Dedrok: 7,111,160,300
    2. Cruiserman: 797,662,760
    3. Kane: 540,198,830
    4: StevOz: 242,993,140
    5. Matty_g_8: 240,442,380
    6. Jammasized: 193,952,660
    7. MrBungle: 175,019,890
    8. Foot: 163,398,500
    Last edited by Jed; 31st August 2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: table closed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

    431,230,290

    Jedi Master...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

    Jesus Kane, that is a pretty massive first up score. I've had a few games on the VP990 FUll screen cab, and I had to work pretty hard to get 100mill ! Gonna need to learn some things methinks....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1987 Post(s)
    Star Wars 91x v1.0 (using vp9.12)

    4,023,892,020

    Last edited by Dedrok; 18th August 2014 at 10:36 PM.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

    I can see the force is with you !

    The new 990 version of this has greatly improved 3D models - R2 and the Death Star look really impressive.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1987 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    The new 990 version of this has greatly improved 3D models - R2 and the Death Star look really impressive.
    I have to do a download and convert the new version back to desktop to check it out.

    Give it a crack later on.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    WA
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    You don't need to convert it, it's released as a desktop version as well, look fantastic and is the one I'm playing, although I suspect it plays harder which I feel is more realistic.

    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=9759

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1987 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevOz View Post
    You don't need to convert it, it's released as a desktop version as well, look fantastic and is the one I'm playing, although I suspect it plays harder which I feel is more realistic.

    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=9759
    yeah I just saw that, I thought there was another new one released. Thanks.

    the night mod looks awesome .... pity that the flipper shots are way off in 9.90 in most stuff.
    Last edited by Dedrok; 18th August 2014 at 07:15 PM.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    yeah I just saw that, I thought there was another new one released. Thanks.

    the night mod looks awesome .... pity that the flipper shots are way off in 9.90 in most stuff.
    You mean for tables that you've owned the difference is noticeable? I found a huge difference in the actual Theatre of Magic (least the one at Pinfest last year) and the VP version, with the trunk shot. Vp it was heaps easier to hit. But the only tables I've played lately have been at Pizza and Pinball when I visit @MrBungle. The VP version of Mata Hari plays pretty comparably against the real one at P+P so do you think it's a p/table thing or just generally with 9.90 ?

    I'm still yet to check out physmod5. I'm generally pretty lazy though... Could take me ages yet .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,629
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1987 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    You mean for tables that you've owned the difference is noticeable? I found a huge difference in the actual Theatre of Magic (least the one at Pinfest last year) and the VP version, with the trunk shot. Vp it was heaps easier to hit. But the only tables I've played lately have been at Pizza and Pinball when I visit @MrBungle. The VP version of Mata Hari plays pretty comparably against the real one at P+P so do you think it's a p/table thing or just generally with 9.90 ?

    I'm still yet to check out physmod5. I'm generally pretty lazy though... Could take me ages yet .
    I think that the physics are getting closer to real machines, but the vp ball now feels just that bit too heavy compared to real. Some table versions will always play that bit different compared to real pins, and the flipper shots just seem way off compared to the earlier vp versions.
    Pretty much every version of vp after 9.12 the shots are alot lazier off the flippers (too much) and dont generally go where they should, more so the later 9.20 - 9.90a versions. The Physmod5 should get alot closer and what I've tried so far seems good, like the shots are going where they would on a real pin (just like earlier versions but with better feel)

    With a real star wars pin, the JP version in 9.12 plays closer than any of the other versions. Some of robs earlier mods of it the ball feels like it should, but shots are way off compared to real.

    I should know by now where a ball from a flipper should be going, otherwise RGR's life would have been far simpler the last year or so.

    Or maybe my computer is mental and just plays different than others.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also

    7,111,160,300

    The Artist Formally Known As #1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •