Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 2 - Table 1 - Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition [FINISHED]

Yes vp8, embarrassing isn't it

Not really. I like to go back and play it occasionally. It's just that I have to change keys for the flippers, PITA. They stay up, have to press for up and press for down.

Hell of a lot of vp8 tables that still arent vp9, but the gap is closing rapidly.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67581[/ATTACH]

Scott

See how your table is stretched, to get the correct aspect ratio ........ open editor and the table > check "options" and "Backdrop" > drop down "colours and formatting" > change the "x scale"

For 16:9 widescreens , multiple the x scale by 0.75. ( 1 = 0.75) or in this case (1.15 = 0.8625)

http://vpforums.org/imghost/110/xscaling_t.jpg

Scores updated, about a 1/3 of the way through fot ST25.

Kane's improved score edges out Matty_g_8 from 4th spot - you'll need 170 mill+ to mnake the top 3 at this stage, Dedrok looking comfortable in the #1 spot with a pretty big lead.

Had a decent crack at this tonight looking to improve but I'm pretty inconsistant with this table - I can get near 150 mill one game and the next game it's like 40mill

Cabinet owners - there's a new Full screen, VP990 version of this table, with updated lights and models just dropped today at vpforums. I've yet to check it out but I will be giving it a good go later this eve !

Here's the link to the new version: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9884

edit: the update is a night mod, i think its a big improvement, especially lighting :023:

Edited by Jed

has anyone else tried the new VP990 version of this table - the Night Mod? Seems a fair bit harder to me - the ramps are harder to hit consistantly, and the middle hole/target smaller. The kickouts on the bottom are less predictable, too, meaning an easy trap not so doable. The new lighting, plastics, and models do look pretty sweet though.

has anyone else tried the new VP990 version of this table - the Night Mod? Seems a fair bit harder to me - the ramps are harder to hit consistantly, and the middle hole/target smaller. The kickouts on the bottom are less predictable, too, meaning an easy trap not so doable. The new lighting, plastics, and models do look pretty sweet though.

Yeah, thought the same, very hard. Also very hard to go back to the normal lighting afterwards.

All versions are much harder than the real table, so physmod5 would be next to try I would think.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and mine was converted back to desktop.

Yeah, thought the same, very hard. Also very hard to go back to the normal lighting afterwards.

All versions are much harder than the real table, so physmod5 would be next to try I would think.

Yeah, it sure is. The old table looks really flat, after playing the new. But the old table so much easier to score well, on.

I still haven't checked out any physmod5 tables yet. Having a different .exe to run for a different table I'm not sure how to do with my front end. I should look into it, as it has previously gone in my CBA basket.

Couple days left for ST25. Dedrok looks unassailable in first place at the moment! I'm finding this table a real long haul, but it's mega frustrating to do the hard yards early and get a solid base then lose a couple balls cheaply! Seems to be a pattern for me. I think I get ramp fatigue.

I'll end this one at 12pm Sunday and post the New table.

Time's Up !

DEDROK takes out the first game of VPGL2, well done ! You are the ruler of Forbidden Space.

Here are the final points scored for ST25:

1. Dedrok: 250,772,520- 25 points

2. Cruiserman: 183,664,570 - 20

3. Jammasized: 168,422,040 - 16

4. Kane: 165,067,100 - 13

5. Matty_g_8: 127,270,270 - 11

6: StevOz: 105,090,890 -10

7. MrBungle: 75,445,840 - 9

8. Foot: 65,539,090 - 8

9. Another Rat: 18,747,840 - 7

I'll create a standings ladder, and post the new table shortly !

never before have I sworn so much at a pin, (and that for me is sayin somethin) than when playing this version of Star Trek.

You can get some pretty good jackpots and on this it's near impossible ..... I got up to 20M once. It goes 5M,10M,15M,20M,25M and 50M super Jackpot .... and all has to be collected on the same multiball.

Almost broke the keyboard last night when I lost the ball going for 10M Ice Planet @ 239M.

Glad that ones over.