Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 2 - Table 1 - Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition [FINISHED]

@jadflat kicks off the comp with his nomination:

VPGL2 - Table 1 - Star Trek - 25th Anniversary Edition

1451465857_StarTrekPlayfield.jpg.940d6247168d8b7ee86d5336c6f3d64e.jpg

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 tables chosen at random from nominations, using the random.org website...

- Games will start on Sunday night, and go for 2 weeks

- No user-modded tables allowed (ie, play the VP forums default table, at default settings)

- No buy-ins or continues

- Vpin V9.x must be used

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please.

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Progress scores will be updated in this post as we go forward.

GOOD LUCK !

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 250,772,520

2. Cruiserman: 183,664,570

3. Jammasized: 168,422,040

4. Kane: 165,067,100

5. Matty_g_8: 127,270,270

6: StevOz: 105,090,890

7. MrBungle: 75,445,840

8. Foot: 65,539,090

9. Another Rat: 18,747,840

Edited by Jed
update scores up to post #42

Man I forgot how lightning fast this one plays ...... This is the versions I helped with on the build with all the pics and info while I had mine stripped down for a rebuild.

Here's a kick off score

Star_trek_25th_Anniversary_91x_v1.05 ..... using vp9.12

http://vpforums.org/imghost/110/table01startrek25th91xv1_t.jpg

Edited by Dedrok

Star_trek_25th_Anniversary_91x_v1.05 ..... Usingvp 9.90 ..... the different .exe's all play different, and I still maintain that 9.12 plays far better for older tables.

turned up the gamma .... scores were way too dark before and now can see the ships to shoot at on the dmd.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/110/table01startrek25th91xv10_t.jpg

Star_trek_25th_Anniversary_91x_v1.05 ..... Usingvp 9.90 ..... the different .exe's all play different, and I still maintain that 9.12 plays far better for older tables.

You mean for EM+SS tables ? In what way do they play better do you reckon under 9.12 - for desktop, FS, or both ? I'm interested cause I mainly play EM+SS in Vpin, always been my favourites.

That's cool you supplied your actual machine to be used as the basics for the Vpin version of this table ! I knew your Cosmic Princess went virtual - and I've played it heaps :) Have you supplied any others ?

I'm gonna have a crack at this today...

VPGL 2 - Table 1 - Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition

I mean in general, as the older pre 9.15 tables that can all still be played in 9.12 ...... It seems to be the best version to play in. Just the physics seem to be that touch better. Can't say about FS on the cab, cause it's still on 9.12 and needs fixing before I can update it.

Apart from CP and ST 25, there was MSFrankenstein, Hook, and Playboy, as well as Sinbad plastics, BG and numerous BG's.

I mean in general, as the older pre 9.15 tables that can all still be played in 9.12 ...... It seems to be the best version to play in. Just the physics seem to be that touch better. Can't say about FS on the cab, cause it's still on 9.12 and needs fixing before I can update it.

Apart from CP and ST 25, there was MSFrankenstein, Hook, and Playboy, as well as Sinbad plastics, BG and numerous BG's.

Ah- I love that playboy- I tweaked it a bit to make it more playable though, as the flippers were a bit weak in the vp release.

Have you tried the new physmod exe for vp ? all new physics from ground up. Looks interesting but no backwards compatibilty means it's only good for a few tables..

Ah- I love that playboy- I tweaked it a bit to make it more playable though, as the flippers were a bit weak in the vp release.

Yeah, what was with that, couldnt hit to the top.

Have you tried the new physmod exe for vp ? all new physics from ground up. Looks interesting but no backwards compatibilty means it's only good for a few tables..

Tried it last night on Uncle willies BOP phys 5 mod, with my head turned sideways. When that is released and tables are made for it, we will be spoiled big time. hit a ball, goes where it should .... finally.

Escaped to the garage to avoid the Mrs and the Imp watching X Farktard, finally got a decent run on, a couple of multiballs and one extra ball, but only one 5 mill jackpot.

Nice big wide ramps, not too hard to hit and get the million point shots going - that frickin back and forth target seems to get me more side drains than anything else though !

Enjoyable game once you get into it, need to read the rules next :)

I'll update scores in the first post now.

14071533594500.jpg.b3aaf1848f51117edb4d2ea532e865c3.jpg

Edited by Jed

Starting to get there :) Got the Ice Planet, but don't know how I did it...

14071623520930.jpg.be25f9a579178d2892bd9a50e52c1ea2.jpg

You have to laugh,

Opening scores are higher than the preset game ones.

Go you Pin heads.

Come on Paul, Just get into the zone on those ramps and snap an EB or two and you're away :)

Edit: Using VP9.90

Edited by Jed

Had a quick go at this table last night for the first time...Must say I dont mind it except for the annoying moving target causing most of the ball drops

Star_trek_25th_Anniversary_91x_v1.05 ..... using vp9.21

469853277_2014-08-0421_04_16.thumb.jpg.16e18b2d668b010d4c66bad3d6d6d296.jpg

Hope you can see the score in the photo OK . How do you save a screenshot to the PC ???

Yep all good - you just nabbed third place by 10k from matty_g_8

scoreboard updated in first post - Can't believe I'm winning so far - what's wrong with you guys :lol

screen dump I think F12 on PC ?

Hope you can see the score in the photo OK . How do you save a screenshot to the PC ???

Press "Printscreen" on the keyboard, then open paint (or whatever), edit > paste > save as.

Can't believe I'm winning so far - what's wrong with you guys :lol

I only had them 2 games .... time to practice I think.

I only had them 2 games .... time to practice I think.

Knew I wouldn't last long so I was gloating while I still could :D

Great scoring Cruiserman and Dedrok! this could be a close battle at the top of the leaderboard... I'll update scores now.