Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

L2M2 board group buy EOI (Sega Logitech FFB interface board)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys I'm assembling the L2M2 kit and I know this is going to sound very n00b but I wanted to double check it as I don't really want to fry this board..

Regarding the LEDs...

The "flat" side for power, cw and ccw has the cathode on the right hand side. The cathode is the shorter pin of an LED, but for the red LED, the flat side of the LED appears to be the anode (longer pin), which side should I use? The flat side based on the led, or the short pin?

32aeb47630c71661d10bc298a81f4932.jpg

Regarding the mosfet..

I'm going to assume I push out the middle pin to make it fit the "c" hole?

8d50074725a3ff8d6c98efb613896d98.jpg

Finally, I'm going to assume the mosfet should touch the heatsink to dissipate the heat?

2cc40c92e5204492930c8c543e5c4ae3.jpg

I know these are probably stupid and basic questions but since these boards are very scarce, I honestly don't want to screw it up.

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi Julius,

You're actually the first person to notice the difference with the LEDs but i went with the legs as guides. But i would recommend checking polarity with a DMM.

The triacs and transistors do just need the middle leg bent to marry up with the hole.

You need to use an insulation tab between the triacs\transistors and the heat sink. Is not they can short. The kit you have is one of the first sent out so before the tabs were included in the kit.

Did you work out what parts were missing?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Julius,

You're actually the first person to notice the difference with the LEDs but i went with the legs as guides. But i would recommend checking polarity with a DMM.

haha, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not! :)

I will go with the legs as guides as I'm not really getting anything from my multimeter.. I'm probably doing it wrong. I was under the impression it should light up, but nothing is working *confused much* :)

The triacs and transistors do just need the middle leg bent to marry up with the hole.

You need to use an insulation tab between the triacs\transistors and the heat sink. Is not they can short. The kit you have is one of the first sent out so before the tabs were included in the kit.

I'm so glad you mentioned the insulation tab!

Next time I'll make this a purchase when I go to Jaycar

https://www.jaycar.com.au/to-220-silicon-rubber-transistor-insulator-pk-20/p/HP1155

Did you work out what parts were missing?

So far 2x trimpots, 2x 224 400v caps, 1x 8 pin IC holder

As Andy said they need to be insulated, don't forget the screw needs insulating too.

See here:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/to-220-silicon-rubber-insulating-kit-pk-4/p/HP1176

As for the LEDs I did find the Red LED to be incorrect. See photos of the board I made.

Match the flat part of the LED with flat side on the silk screen for the green LED but for the Red put it the other way around.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6mwabyzuid2dthx/AAAL0L7pNTjemIOXI5PNSg8Sa?dl=0