----

State
      Sydney
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Quoted
      473 Post(s)
      Australia
      A bit more prodding to help your project.

I was interested in this line:
      Code:
      hdmimode=`grep "^[^#;]*hdmi_mode=" /boot/config.txt`
      At first glance it appears to match lines "hdmi_mode" that don't start with a "#".
      However the * changes the operation considerably.

ie. The * matches all preceding characters (that are not "#") at the start of the line.
      Preceding characters other than "#" could be ANYTHING!
      eg. funky_hdmi_mode would match because the preceding characters are not "#".

Example 1 (Returns unwanted funky_hdmi_mode)
      Code:
      <<<$'funky_hdmi_mode=1\n#hdmi_mode=2\n;hdmi_mode=3\nhdmi_mode=4' grep "^[^#;]*hdmi_mode="
      funky_hdmi_mode=1
      hdmi_mode=4
      Example 2 (Returns only when hdmi_mode is start of line)
      Code:
      <<<$'funky_hdmi_mode=1\n#hdmi_mode=2\n;hdmi_mode=3\nhdmi_mode=4' grep "^hdmi_mode="
      hdmi_mode=4
      Example 3 (Returns only hdmi_mode even if preceded with whitespace)
      Code:
      <<<$'funky_hdmi_mode=1\n#hdmi_mode=2\n;hdmi_mode=3\n   hdmi_mode=4' grep "^[[:space:]]*hdmi_mode="
         hdmi_mode=4
      Example 4 (Example 3 + Removes preceding whitespace)
      Code:
      <<<$'funky_hdmi_mode=1\n#hdmi_mode=2\n;hdmi_mode=3\n\t\thdmi_mode=4' grep "^[[:space:]]*hdmi_mode=" | sed 's/^\s*//'
      hdmi_mode=4
      Example 5 (Example 3 + Removes global whitespace)
      Code:
      <<<$'funky_hdmi_mode=1\n#hdmi_mode=2\n;hdmi_mode=3\n\t\thdmi_mode=4\t\t' grep "^[[:space:]]*hdmi_mode=" | sed 's/\s//g'
      hdmi_mode=4
      - - - Updated - - -

Handy site: https://regexr.com/
      Last edited by ozfalcon; 10th June 2018 at 11:51 PM.

is Active

----

State
      Sydney
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Quoted
      473 Post(s)
      Australia
      You really need to look into this.

https://blog.petrockblock.com/2016/0...-raspberry-pi/
      Since revision 2.X the ControlBlock uses MCP23S17 GPIO expanders to provide 32 input/output lines for arbitrary usage
      I'm sure it would be easy to incorporate the chips in this on your board.
      https://blog.petrockblock.com/controlblock/

This user has no status.

----

State
      NY
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2 Post(s)
      United States
      Starting with a FRESH BRAND NEW Raspberry Pi3b+ I've come across dee2er's image file which is 4gigs labeled version 3.8, I'll be using it just for MAME, what exactly is specifically n that download ? Again completely starting from scratch just looking to play arcade / mame titles... & possibly daphne / dragon's Lair. I'm NOT NEW to MAME i've been using Hyperspin as a front end for years, supposedly HyperPi exists ? I anticipate on using a 32g microSD card what's my first few steps getting this thing first working outside of the cabinet. Again I have all of the rom files already, still unsure about what's included in dee2ers large file >? Ideally I'd like minimal set up.

This user has no status.

----

State
      Montevideo
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2 Post(s)
      Uruguay

Dee2er how to conntact you , i want one of those pi2jamma plz .

Quote Originally Posted by dee2eR View Post
      I've made a JAMMA board out of a RPI. It runs RGB at 720x240 non interlaced video, has amplified mono sound and inputs for 2 players with 3 buttons each and 2 starts, one coin, service and test all wired to the GPIO. All power is through the JAMMA harness, no extra power supply or non standard wiring needed.

I've built a basic linux/mame SD card image and have been testing and tweeking in order to release the software. I'll try and release it later this week. So far the software boots to a menu in around 26 seconds from power on. Boot time is only about 12 seconds but advance menu takes a while to load. It currently has 3 flavours of MAME and a version of FBA. The PI isn't crazy powerful but its able to run 60FPS for many games in portrait or landscape.

It's not the be all and end all of emulators but the result is way better and more flexible than any arm based multiboard I've seen. Does most classics very nicely, newer stuff it does well include CPS2, most NEO GEO, Cave up to around the millenium etc. It cannot play a full mame set perfectly. I'd be interested to see what a native RPI low res game would be capable of...

I'm using a hand made board at the moment but have redesigned it with CAD and will get a professional proto produced soon. If there's interest I may make more. I'll update when I've uploaded the software image in case anyone with a RPI wants to check it out.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.

###### UPDATE 2016 #######

Lots of things in the early posts in this thread are now out of date. I won't edit their content but wanted to update the first post a bit for the current state of the project. The easiest place to check for the latest info is now http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...te-information as this thread is very long.

Quick guide to this thread:
      Information about version 2 of the hardware starts at page 16.

Information about version 3 of hardware page 42.

V3.1 software (pi2 and pi3) links from page 45.
      http://tinyurl.com/h337jtf -- thanks to Jed for single file version
      EXTRA SETUP FILES for v3.1:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...jRhaUNraVEycXc

CURRENT V3.5 software links page 66 (16 parts). Single links below:
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../ARpiCADE35.7z thanks to thegleek for the re-up

Current instructions are included in the image.
      Older v3.1 software instructions can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Iq...s2bpBaOq5SDUSA

RaspberryJAMMA V3 board layout: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...0M0Ti1idTI1cHc
      How to mount pi to board: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...0lxblBUbmlJdTQ
      Guide to V3 dipswitches: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...zV6QjVxSVZQbmc

Which emulator for which rom spreadsheet WIP: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mg...ojXRw1yf9GdWoY

There is also some video of the system running (videos are not made by me), the earliest is at page 18.

This user has no status.

----

State
      Dublin
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      9 Post(s)
      Ireland
      Quote Originally Posted by Net View Post
      https://arpicade.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
      Starting with a FRESH BRAND NEW Raspberry Pi3b+ I've come across dee2er's image file which is 4gigs labeled version 3.8, I'll be using it just for MAME, what exactly is specifically n that download ? Again completely starting from scratch just looking to play arcade / mame titles... & possibly daphne / dragon's Lair. I'm NOT NEW to MAME i've been using Hyperspin as a front end for years, supposedly HyperPi exists ? I anticipate on using a 32g microSD card what's my first few steps getting this thing first working outside of the cabinet. Again I have all of the rom files already, still unsure about what's included in dee2ers large file >? Ideally I'd like minimal set up.
      The image is the OS, Frontend(attract mode) and all the emulators, BTW you need 3.82, get it on the arpicade forum.
      You need to use something like win32 disk imager, etcher to make your SD card, you will then need to resize the partition to the full size of your SD card.(Etcher might have this option built in actually, if not G5k posted about that back here)
      Then just copy your Roms, snaps, marquees, etc to the relevant folders and plug it in.
      Last edited by cathaldub; 25th July 2018 at 12:34 AM.

is is figuring out Arpicade...

----

Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      179 Post(s)
      United States
      What’s the file I need to edit to remap keys/buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

This user has no status.

----

State
      VIC
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Quoted
      311 Post(s)
      Australia

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
      Sorry for the slow reply, haven't been on AA much lately.

The current build is ARpiCADE 3.82, it's largely arcade focused but there's a lot of console emulators in it too. As far as MAME goes it has newer versions of MAME than most RPi builds as well as AdvMAME and lr-MAME2003. The default setup is for low res use but can be changed to 480p (or vertical monitor mount) easily in the /boot/config.txt file (higher resolutions may require a bit more work to get everything setup nicely, ARpiCADE is cab focused). The release thread is here: https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=530 no roms are included in the download it is a large file due to the SD card formatting - ARpiCADE uses a large first (boot) partition so Windows can write to the roms and image etc. folders which makes the image quite large and resizing for larger SD cards a bit of a pain as it cannot be automated on the Pi (good guide here: http://aha-forums.com/wp/2018/02/02/...-memory-cards/ ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Net View Post
      Sorry for the slow reply, for RaspberryJAMMA sales I can be contacted through PMs here or on arpicade.com or through the email dee2er@arpicade.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
      What’s the file I need to edit to remap keys/buttons?

Each emulator has it's own way of doing things but generally for MAME versions you can use the shortcut P1start + joystick right (or keyboard 'tab' key) to open MAMEs menus while a game is running and change the joystick mapping via the menus.

The actual joystick driver in use is hard coded and would need to be recompiled to edit it.

If you want to edit the hotkey shortcuts you want the file /boot/hotkeys.ini (the same hotkeys used by everything)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozfalcon View Post
      Just poking though 3.82.

Example 3: BC Returns 1 on true, 0 on false
      Code:
      bc -l <<<"1 < 2"
      don't know how I hadn't heard of bc before, it's the perfect way to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit more prodding to help your project.
      I really appreciate it, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

You reminded me I've had that chip sitting in a prototyping board for almost a year now, need to get around to doing the software side. Forgot all about it after I moved house. I was thinking a plug in four player adapter for the already existing versions of RaspberryJAMMA and eventually four player support built into a new board revision.

EDIT:
      software side sorted...
      Last edited by dee2eR; 6th August 2018 at 09:16 PM.

This user has no status.

----

State
      VIC
      Mentioned
      64 Post(s)
      Quoted
      311 Post(s)
      Australia

Copied from the ARpiCADE forums as I think more people will see it here:

I'm most of the way through designing a 4 player adaptor for the RaspberryJAMMA and thought it would be a good idea to ask for input before finalizing the PCB. As I have it now it should be a direct plug in for any (*I think* I found a document with the details of all(?) of them but I may have missed something) Konami 4 player cab or a NBA Jam cab (not sure if the NBA Jam 3 and 4 player harness' are used in anything else). If you were adding the 4 player wiring to a cab they're 15 pin headers. It will also have a few extra tact switch buttons onboard for those whose cabs don't have service and test buttons wired, etc - no point going into their functions too much as like everything else Pi related you will be able to set them to do whatever you need (assuming the emulator supports whatever that is of course).

Physically it will be pretty small and fit onto the RaspberryJAMMAs 40 pin header, the ribbon cable from the Pi will then go to the 4 Player board. The resulting board will be about 55% longer than the RaspberryJAMMA without the adaptor as it hangs off the side.

I'm planning to wire the unused pins of the Konami headers so a 4 player 6 buttons each setup could be made, although I suspect there's not many games demanding it (maybe console stuff?). If anyone knows of any reason not to do it I will drop it due to the lack of stuff that would actually use 6 buttons.

There's not really space for any extra components but I would love to hear if I've forgotten the one feature you would want in a four player adaptor or any other thoughts you may have. Also I'm up on the fence about the spelling of adaptor, adapter is more common and the spell check doesn't hate it but I keep typing adaptor...

Software wise there will be an option in the service menu of ARpiCADE to switch support for the 4 player board on/off, I would prefer not to have to make two different versions so automating the changes seemed best. As always I welcome ideas on the software side too but it's easier to change software after the fact than PCBs so it's not as crucial to chime in now.

is Needs more time to work on his
      toys

----

State
      Brisbane
      Mentioned
      78 Post(s)
      Quoted
      236 Post(s)
      Australia
      Looking forward to this. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

is is figuring out Arpicade...

----

Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      179 Post(s)
      United States
      When I quit a Mame game - the menu goes back to reset the game and not the Arpicade menu. Any ideas?

Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast

Thread Information