Melbourne
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by dee2eR View Post
    You will need to have:

both set to 1 for it to work. The names are confusing considering you want them both on.

these:
    adjust the edges of the picture. Commented out is disabled. Negetive numbers make the image bigger than the screen (extra overscan), positive numbers will pull the image in on that edge (less overscan to underscan if you overdo it).

You shouldn't need to adjust the HDMI group and mode but they effect the actual output resolution the Pi boots in. The adjustments above all affect the image without actually changing the resolution.

If you're making these adjustments on the PI you will need a reboot for them to take effect.
    Awesome, thanks! Uncommenting "overscan_scale=1" resolved the issue

Cheers,
    Matthew

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)
    Australia
    For those people using .lst files for your game list(s), a question regarding removing/hiding roms in your Attract-Mode game lists.

Are you:

(a) deleting the roms via the Attract-Mode front-end, or
    (b) modifying the .lst file(s) manually, or
    (c) adding the rom into the "hide" list in the /BOOT/launchers/scanRoms.sh script, or
    (d) removing/hiding the roms some other way? (please elaborate)

Cheers,
    Matthew

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthadog View Post
    For those people using .lst files for your game list(s), a question regarding removing/hiding roms in your Attract-Mode game lists.

Are you:

(c) adding the rom into the "hide" list in the /BOOT/launchers/scanRoms.sh script, or

Cheers,
    Matthew
    Anyone?

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)
    Australia

@felixthadog

a, b or c should work (I only discovered 'a' was possible recently, lol)

No idea what others are using but I use the hide list mostly.

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)
    Australia

Are you:

Cheers,
    Matthew
    Depends on the type of roms your using.
    If your using split sets. Then answer "C" for parent sets you don't want to see.
    If you using non-merged sets the you shouldn't need to hide anything, Just include only the rom zips you want in your roms directory.

If you have titles you want to display for special occasions but otherwise have hidden, Then answer "C".

Culling unwanted roms which can include hundreds of titles is a separate issue in itself.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfalcon View Post
    Depends on the type of roms your using.
    If your using split sets. Then answer "C" for parent sets you don't want to see.
    If you using non-merged sets the you shouldn't need to hide anything, Just include only the rom zips you want in your roms directory.

If you have titles you want to display for special occasions but otherwise have hidden, Then answer "C".

Culling unwanted roms which can include hundreds of titles is a separate issue in itself.
    Thanks for your replies @dee2eR @ozfalcon

I am only using a non-merged set of roms for AdvanceMame, so I will just move the roms I don't want into another directory. Regarding the Attract-Mode games list, if I move the unwanted roms out of the roms directory but leave the advmame.lst file as it is, will the scanRoms.sh script ignore the missing roms and not include them in the games list?

Cheers,
    Matthew

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)
    Australia

I am only using a non-merged set of roms for AdvanceMame, so I will just move the roms I don't want into another directory. Regarding the Attract-Mode games list, if I move the unwanted roms out of the roms directory but leave the advmame.lst file as it is, will the scanRoms.sh script ignore the missing roms and not include them in the games list?
    That's right. The game list will only show the titles in roms folders. Make sure you move the roms outside of the roms folders rather than make a new backup directory in the existing roms folders or scanRoms may do something unexpected.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by dee2eR View Post
    That's right. The game list will only show the titles in roms folders. Make sure you move the roms outside of the roms folders rather than make a new backup directory in the existing roms folders or scanRoms may do something unexpected.
    Excellent!

Cheers,
    Matthew

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    United States
    Would this work as an Arcade 1up Street Fighter mod easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Would this work as an Arcade 1up Street Fighter mod easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    Not sure, do you know what hardware they have in them? If the cabs are basically wired JAMMA (or JAMMA with high res monitor) then it should be easy enough to run a RaspberryJAMMA in them. If it's some sort of custom wiring an adaptor could be made/used, very probably only requiring wiring.

If the connection inside the Arcade1up cabs isn't JAMMA a different RPi adaption method may make more sense than using a JAMMA board.

Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194

Thread Information