State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Quoted
      265 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by g5k View Post
      You might be able to repair it with the disk tools on Linux if you have an install of Ubuntu or a USB loader. Otherwise you should be able to copy the data off in Ubuntu, just format that BOOT partition and then copy back. If using a loader consider you'll need a volume to copy data too that Ubuntu can see. I've found it's just best to reformat after expanding as it does something Mac doesn't like and find it easiest to be able to use Mac for editing or adding too.
      I have always used ssh and ftp to add and edit files in the past for the rapsberry pi.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

----

State
      SA
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Quoted
      113 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
      I have always used ssh and ftp to add and edit files in the past for the rapsberry pi.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
      Yeah cool have never looked into that. Have a good guide for how to setup ftp? I prefer to edit in a text editor as I don't know Linux very well

This user has no status.

----

State
      VIC
      Mentioned
      39 Post(s)
      Quoted
      235 Post(s)
      Australia

if the card can still be read by linux and you have a live USB g5ks suggestion should work to copy stuff back to your hard disk

If you don't have a live Linux yet maybe it's a good time to make one.

Edit:

oops missed that an extra page had happened, that was a reply to something on the previous page.

I might look into adding ftp options as well as USB stick rom storage, no reason they cannot be selected from the service menu (that I'm aware of).
      Last edited by dee2eR; 19th May 2017 at 05:23 PM.

is void of status

----

State
      Melbourne
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Quoted
      512 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by dee2eR View Post
      I might look into adding ftp options as well as USB stick rom storage, no reason they cannot be selected from the service menu (that I'm aware of).
      I would love to utilise USB stick rom storage, if it can be done. What do you mean by "no reason they cannot be selected from the service menu"?

Cheers,
      Matthew

This user has no status.

----

State
      VIC
      Mentioned
      39 Post(s)
      Quoted
      235 Post(s)
      Australia

I just meant I could probably automate it in the service menu, like swapping other config options. Pretty much anything that can be scripted can be added.

This user has no status.

Happy

State
      south korea
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Quoted
      8 Post(s)
      Aaland
      Sorry, but the filtered console game screen is fake.
      I found it during the test and it makes an amazing change
      Retroarch call - settings-Driver-Video Driver (dispmanx)

Also, HW Bilinear Filtering OFF

config.txt Additions
      overscan_top=8
      overscan_bottom=8
      overscan_left=40
      overscan_right=40
      Do not change the value of 80 right and left.
      You will experience a really amazing screen !!!!

is void of status

----

State
      Melbourne
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Quoted
      512 Post(s)
      Australia
      I have mucked up with the re-imaging of my SD card, hopefully it's not too difficult to repair. These are the steps I followed:

1) From Disk Utility on my MacBook, I deleted the partitions on the SD card and created a single, new FAT partition.
      2) I then put the new 3.7 image on the SD card using ApplePi-Baker.
      3) In Finder, both the BOOT partition and Untitled partition can be seen and accessed on the SD card.
      4) I booted into Ubuntu and opened GParted - only 1 partition on the SD card is shown.

This is the first time I have tried to put the ARPiCade image on an SD card that already has data on it. I think the problem lies in the first step, I'm not sure how to format the SD card so it is ready to be used by ApplePi-Baker. Can anybody help me please?

Cheers,
      Matthew

This user has no status.

----

State
      SA
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Quoted
      113 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by felixthadog View Post
      I have mucked up with the re-imaging of my SD card, hopefully it's not too difficult to repair. These are the steps I followed:

1) From Disk Utility on my MacBook, I deleted the partitions on the SD card and created a single, new FAT partition.
      2) I then put the new 3.7 image on the SD card using ApplePi-Baker.
      3) In Finder, both the BOOT partition and Untitled partition can be seen and accessed on the SD card.
      4) I booted into Ubuntu and opened GParted - only 1 partition on the SD card is shown.

This is the first time I have tried to put the ARPiCade image on an SD card that already has data on it. I think the problem lies in the first step, I'm not sure how to format the SD card so it is ready to be used by ApplePi-Baker. Can anybody help me please?

Cheers,
      Matthew
      Hey mate pretty sure PiBaker will have reformatted the card wiping everything including your EXT partition and setting you back to the 8gb image again. All you needed to do was mount the 3.7 img in finder select all the contents and copy them to the new partition you created on your SD card in step 1.

It might now be best to start again. If you go back a few pages in the thread I wrote a step by step guide for expanding the card that should help.

This user has no status.

----

State
      VIC
      Mentioned
      39 Post(s)
      Quoted
      235 Post(s)
      Australia

I don't know Mac so could be way off but step 1 should be entirely unneeded, re-imaging the card will cause it to be formatted like the image no matter what was on the card previously. You want to copy the image to the whole sd card rather than one partition.

When your step 3 worked had you removed the sd card after imaging it? Finder may not have updated the partitions automatically, Dolphin (Linux filebrowser I use) doesn't update after I've reimaged a card until I unplug and re-plug the SD card. That would explain why 3 worked and 4 didn't. Maybe.

The process should be the same with or without data present on the SD card. Unless Mac does things differently for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suk kim View Post
      Sorry, but the filtered console game screen is fake.
      I found it during the test and it makes an amazing change
      Retroarch call - settings-Driver-Video Driver (dispmanx)

Also, HW Bilinear Filtering OFF

config.txt Additions
      overscan_top=8
      overscan_bottom=8
      overscan_left=40
      overscan_right=40
      Do not change the value of 80 right and left.
      You will experience a really amazing screen !!!!
      Not sure what you mean by the Console screen is fake?

I will look into the video settings though, thanks.

This user has no status.

----

State
      hawaii
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      5 Post(s)
      United States
      I have just purchased an arpicade card and have just installed it on my ms pacman/galaga class of 91 cocktail machine.

I have (hopefully this will help others too):
      1. Assembled and installed my Raspberry Pi 2 plus (my 3 is in the mail)
      2. created a 3.7 SD card (the help said 3.5), but I'm assuming it was a 3.7
      3. Copied ROMs into the MAME-106 rom folder (I used the rom from my CAANOO advanced MAME handheld emulator) to test
      4. Plugged in and booted up
      5. Setup my wifi card and connected to my router (I can SSH into it now)
      6. Modified the /boot/config.txt to flip the screen 180 so that it matches the player one side
      7. Using the keyboard and pressing left a few times configured ArPiCade to a VERTICAL low res monitor
      8. I press R on a keyboard to rotate the screen from horizontal to vertical
      9. Checked /home/pi/.advance/advmame.sdl.rc - to make sure these were set
      display_rol no
      display_ror yes
      10. Checked /home/pi/mame4all/mame.cfg
      ror=yes
      rol=no
      to make sure it matches advmame config
      11. with the tab key changed some dip switches on some games to cocktail to test (frogger, ...)
      12. Rebooted

So a few questions:
      a. What's the best rom set for advanced mame (and the best place to get it)
      b. I'm assuming advanced mame is best for old classics (paceman, galaga, frogger, ...)
      c. how can I make sure that AdvanceMENU is set to vertical without pressing R
      d. Advancemenu looks like crap in vertical- any tips? The games seem to play in vertical mode by default now; if I exit I seem to go into advanced mame front end (which is horizontal)
      e. Cocktail mode doesn't seem to flip frogger; is there an easy way to do it for ALL games?
      f. Graphics on some games (paceman, time pilot is messed up). In time pilot for example the clouds are grey and the enemy planes are invisible; (related to Advancemenu looking like crap?)
      g. Sound sometimes flickers in and out; pressing P1 start seems to get it working again
      h. How can I tell if my monitor supports anything other than low res mode? It's a 19" from 2000

HELP!

Page 127 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast

Thread Information