Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Best multi board

ArcadeObsessed

Question

13 answers to this question

I think 161 In 1 Neo Geo is great. Also like 48 in 1 even sound is horrible. Those games would be great classics if they fix problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both a 412 in 1 and 500 in 1... sure they are not AMAZING. That being said the but bang for buck value I am more than happy with.

Plenty of friends have now played both the lowboy and cocktail I have in the lounge and no one has yet to notice any issues. Mind you they are drunk and just having fun, so for that level of entertainment they are great.

But I understand the purists who want 100% emulation and do not accept anything less, so those people I can understand not liking these boards.

I have both a 412 in 1 and 500 in 1... sure they are not AMAZING. That being said the but bang for buck value I am more than happy with.

Plenty of friends have now played both the lowboy and cocktail I have in the lounge and no one has yet to notice any issues. Mind you they are drunk and just having fun, so for that level of entertainment they are great.

But I understand the purists who want 100% emulation and do not accept anything less, so those people I can understand not liking these boards.

They are ok for a party when your pissed but that is it, 99% of the time I play alone and i like to master the game so no point playing glitchy garbage.

You need to make some friends then :P

I do not know why everyone has to hate on these boards so much.

Sure putting a i7 computer inside a cab and running mame will provide a far better experience. That being said these little Game Elf boards do have games that are terrible... that I will not deny, I hate that Double Dragon is so laggy that its virtually unplayable. But there are still 400+ other games that are more than playable. They at least won't have the breakdowns that a PC is likely to have from excessive heat / improper shutdown.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to throw a nice i7 inside my low boy and put 2000 games on it... but really the 50 I actually want to play are already on the board I have and they play well. So sure its not the best, but its pretty dam good all things considered.

Well put @NoRC , I play the games mostly when drunk, and with a bunch of drunk friends. Great fun for all.

When sober I still do no better, and it has nothing to do with the quality of the game etc.......... just a shit player.

But still have loads of fun and very inexpensive.

The PC I bought for my latest cab cost me $200, then I bought a video card for $10 and it runs all the games I want with ease, loads of fun and inexpensive.

The only reason IMO to buy a Multiboard is if you can't be bothered spending the time setting a PC up properly, and I can understand why some people wouldn't think it's worth the effort for them.

Yes Multiboards have their place and suit some people's purposes, but personally I'm gunna keep on hating on them :D

I have mame on one cab and arcadesd on the other, the arcadesd has advantages, saves high scores unlike many boards, instant on unlike mame and reliable good emulation unlike pretty much every multi board out there LOL... But on the expensive side and only really good IMO if you want to play classic vertical games (as generally I do)..

ArcadeSD is good, but quite a few games still have bugs, there is a list of them on KLOV, if they cut the list down and only included games that were perfectly emulated then it would stand out in the crowd as being a real quality over quantity option.

This thread of mine has created a lot of discussion, awesome.

Lovin the feedback

Guys riddle me this is there a multi cart that would have say games like teken 6 or street fighter 4, something in the same form factor as say a blue elf cart which I already have.

I know this may not be possible cause there both such a detail game, or could I get them working on my babystar, maybe by upgrading the CPU and ram I'm not sure.

I am currently running Jammazised's Flynn image which freaking awesome, thanks again jamma

Any feedback would rock