Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Interest for VPGL 2 ?

Anyone interested in playing in another VPGL ?

First off - sorry I bugged out on running the first comp and thanks Foot for picking it up and running with it. I ended up having a break from the forum world and in fact a lot of the online world for the last 18 months and concentrated on other things in the 'real' world :)

Anyway I do love me Judge Dredd Vpin and seem to only play that these days and not so much Arcade/Mame my previous obsession. It would be cool to run another Vpin comp and get some more interest going in the hobby - especially as Vpin has matured greatly in the last 18 months and especially with the updates in lighting and physics / DX9 - tables are becomine gorgeous with excellent depth, but also play very close to real life. One of the things that surprised me greatly was when i was at Pinfest last year, how much the virtual skills translated to the real machines. I had a ripper game on TOM at Pinfest having never played the machine in 'real life' before and also Black Rose. But at Pinfest I did find I keep reaching stupidly for my nudge buttons :)

But I'm getting distracted again - anyway - if there's enough interest in another Vpin league, same format as last time, I'm happy to run it - just as happy to compete in it if someone else wants to run it.

Cheers

I am keen, have just started having a few games again myself.

Funny you should say about the nudge buttons ..... when I first started to venture back out into the wild playing real pins again a few years back at PnP, people would say " why do you keep hittin the sides of the machine"

Old habbits from too much VPin.

Oh .... and welcome back.

I am keen, have just started having a few games again myself.

Funny you should say about the nudge buttons ..... when I first started to venture back out into the wild playing real pins again a few years back at PnP, people would say " why do you keep hittin the sides of the machine"

Old habbits from too much VPin.

Oh .... and welcome back.

haha yeah - at Pinfest 13 both myself and a mate found ourselves going for where we had the nudge buttons on our own cabs :)

Been to PnP quite a few times when visiting my Newcastle buddy - really great little place and great Pizzas too. He'd be keen for the comp as well for sure though he doesn't do forums really

but that makes 5 which is a good start :)

7 people keen so far, thats great :)

I'll start a table nomination thread within the next few days. The basic guidelines will be the same as I set out for VPGL 1.

By the way - keen VPinners should as Molly used to say do yourselves a favour - and check out Uncle Willy's new version of Bride of Pinbot beta. It's in the works in progress thread on vpforums. Really is fantastic - the lightshow is so good.

• Super Moderator

My only suggestion is that it would be preferred if VP9 was used instead of 8. I used 8 last time and in some games there appeared to be a fair discrepancy in the table behavior and scoring

All my tables are in VP8 but I might have to harden up and change

My cab is still in need of rebuild, so I can only play desktop this time, or tilt my head to the side for FS

this news might mean the rest of us have a chance in this comp :)