Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Urgent help needed broken Stern pinball coil

Ok straight to the point I damaged my top eject coil on ACDC and found the wire coil to be damaged.

The wire has snapped in the wound area is there a quick temporary fix for this ?? Can I rejoin the wire somehow it has started to unravel a bit.

Need the game for a meet tomorrow :(

Ok straight to the point I damaged my top eject coil on ACDC and found the wire coil to be damaged.

The wire has snapped in the wound area is there a quick temporary fix for this ?? Can I rejoin the wire somehow it has started to unravel a bit.

Need the game for a meet tomorrow :(

How far from the solder lug has it broke?

If it is only a small amount then just re-solder the new end to the lug, if you are unsure check the resistance against another coil.

How far from the solder lug has it broke?

If it is only a small amount then just re-solder the new end to the lug, if you are unsure check the resistance against another coil.

I went ahead and did this before I checked back here , had nothing to lose and working!! Played it for a couple of hours and no issues.

Just hope it holds up tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

How many turns are damaged?

Damaged as in the clear coating has come off?

Got a photo of it?

Yes the very outside wire snapped only once thankfully , unraveled a little bit, tinned the end and solder it back together I kept it a few millimetres off the remaining coil.

Should be OK as this coil does not get used as much as others I am hoping. :)