Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 5 ~ Tetris ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just have to admit to myself that I'm really crap at playing Tetris now.

Bows head in shame - I don't want to ruin the fun by beating my dead horse.

MSG:85911

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65607[/ATTACH]

Just to note: It's actually best to start on Intermediate - As you will often have score above the 40k when you hit level 7 (The start of hard).

Edited by ozfalcon

best to start on Intermediate - As you will often have score above the 40k when you hit level 7 (The start of hard).

But correct me if I'm wrong, the speed at level 7 starting from intermediate will be faster than starting from hard straight away won't it?

MSG:85991

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65607[/ATTACH]

Actually the screenshot shows 85,911 ...

2.5 hours to go ... chrisbo leads the pack around the bend and into the final straight ...

:)

Actually the screenshot shows 85,911 ...

2.5 hours to go ... chrisbo leads the pack around the bend and into the final straight ...

Opps, Sorry bout that. I'll fix the post.

- - - Updated - - -

But correct me if I'm wrong, the speed at level 7 starting from intermediate will be faster than starting from hard straight away won't it?

Didn't seem to be. Perhaps others can verify one way or the other.

That's my understanding, I tried all difficulties and found Hard to be the best way for score. I did get 109k starting from Easy and died on round 11, pretty much the same score I get if I start on Hard and die on 11...

Perhaps others can verify one way or the other.

To me, the speed seems slightly faster if starting from Medium than if starting from Hard but I wouldn't put my life on it.

You can definitely improve on the 40K bonus though.

It's 7pm on Sunday 15-June-2014.

Score submissions for Game 5 Tetris are now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TetrisFinal_zpsebf1d7aa.png

This was a very close competition and Kane, Barra, RMacauley, Nicko71 and John73 all posted highly. From 7th to 18th there wasn’t much difference in the scores.

Congratulations to chrisbo for winning Game 5 and edging the rest out of the top spot …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TetrisMGL21Winner_zps4e4a9865.png

Metal Slug and Super Cobra are currently in play, Games 6 and 7 …

OK … 5 games completed (with 5 different game winners!) and MGL 21 closes in 3 weeks … 3 games to go … a hard and fast finish …

I'll update the overall scoreboard later tonight.

After Game 5, 15 players remain eligible for the mystery prize to be drawn at the end of MGL 21.

• Administrators
Well done to all... I did try on this game but could only play a handful of games before needing to step away. I don't think I really improved over the whole comp.

I'm with you. I loathe this game

Brad

I've just downloaded a 3.5 Million Tetris score from MARP. Looks like the game maxes out on level 15 or something in terms of speed. What did me in in most games was when the speed increased mid level, making me put a block in a really bad position and throwing my whole concentration. I think once you get to max speed, it possibly becomes easier to control the blocks - but getting to that stage is bloody hard (impossible for me?).

Got the game on fast forward now to see how it ends, or if this guy just chucked in the towel at 3.5 Million :)