Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 4 ~ Pac-Land ~ [FINISHED]

Got my best score for round 1 so far. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I have the game dip switches set as instructed in the first post, but I don't get a life at 130,000 I get it at 150,00 instead.

Is it just me or is this happening to everyone?

375957933_pacland186980.png.ca332a0b2c40651141cba1b9d9e7e8f0.png

727178759_level139440.png.669d2bb9a134c21508fd1ebd4be3f74d.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4pm and Barra, chrisbo and a few others have not put a score in yet.

Only 3 hours to go ... every point counts!

- - - Updated - - -

...and you take back 2nd spot, even nicer ... :)

I have the game dip switches set as instructed in the first post, but I don't get a life at 130,000 I get it at 150,00 instead.

I was concerned about the same thing and worried that I had it set wrong. I thought I had worked it out and when I went to explain it in this post realised that my theory doesn't work. I don'w know how it works but I get the extra lives at the same point as you.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job. My best is not much better than that... somewhere around 43,000 from memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Small incresse, just can't get the timing for the 3rd springboard.

It is tough.... I remember as a kid I thought it was impossible

I was concerned about the same thing and worried that I had it set wrong. I thought I had worked it out and when I went to explain it in this post realised that my theory doesn't work. I don'w know how it works but I get the extra lives at the same point as you.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job. My best is not much better than that... somewhere around 43,000 from memory.

- - - Updated - - -

It is tough.... I remember as a kid I thought it was impossible

I have done it once. It's tricky to get it just right.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Does this close in 10 minutes or an hour?

36 minutes to go ... Iron MGL ...

This game is horrible

Actually it is a very good challenging game ... precise jumping, timing, working out levels, good music, hard ... yes I know each to their own ... but so are Jumping Jack and the Wild Ride good games ... :)

The later levels in Pac-Land are pretty hard and you need to work out sections or it's game over. Yes, the memories of seeing some great players work this game out in the 80s ... the game is good!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

- - - Updated - - -

45,220 vs 50,430 ... tick tock tick tock ... :)

I prefer my pac-men without legs ...

:lol << :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it's not so bad but I left it too late to make any real progress.

54,560 vs 50,430 vs 41,170 ... mini battle ...

It's 7pm on Sunday 8-June-2014.

Score submissions for Game 4 Pac-Land are now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandFinal_zpse200be89.png

mark68, Brad, DKong and RMacauley put up some fine scores to take positions 2-5. Others were trying to work this game out. However the game has a new master …

Congratulations to Another Rat for setting a new AA record and winning Game 4.

Your first MGL game win ... :038: ... I tricked up a very nice rendition of the marquee trophy …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandMGL21Winner_zps4ab675ff.png

Tetris and Metal Slug are currently in play, Games 5 and 6 …

Midpoint, half way house, point of no return, evens … they all mean 4 games down, 4 to go … (and 2 you don’t know the games just yet!)

:)

PS: After Game 4, 15 players remain eligible for the mystery prize to be drawn at the end of MGL 21.

Congrats Another Rat.

What let this game down for me was the awkward controls - could have been a much better game if they got the controls right. Maybe it was because I'm a keyboard player though.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of us will never, ever know :D

Congrats Another Rat.

What let this game down for me was the awkward controls - could have been a much better game if they got the controls right. Maybe it was because I'm a keyboard player though.

I tried to play this using keyboard a few times and it was harder but was playable. This game was one that I had spent a lot of time playing before this comp so I had plenty of practice doing the first trip. I smashed my previous PB during the competition but the truth is I had a good headstart with previous experience and knowing how to maximise scores in early rounds. I feel that if Shock_And_Awe played in this MGL I would have been done for.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats AR! You definitely showed us who is boss in that round :)

Thanks.... but I still can't get near you on most other games. There are only a few games that I reckon I stand a chance and now this one gone for a while, I don't expect to have another chance any time soon to win. I surprised myself with a podium in Bank Panic last MGL though so I might get lucky again.