Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 21 - Game 4 ~ Pac-Land ~ [FINISHED]

The cartoon show comes to the arcade …

MGL 21 – Game 4 ~ Pac-Land

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandMGL21Settings1_zps8b1928f9.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandMGL21Settings2_zps7965c1f3.png

Nominated by AA legend: Another Rat

Current AA Champ of Pac-Land: Shock_And_Awe 258,320

ROM: pacland (set 1)

Game Story:

Pac-Man travels through scrolling cartoon worlds avoiding obstacles in a quest to help a lost fairy get home. Ghosts chase him on pogo sticks and in cars, aeroplanes and flying saucers. Hidden bonuses include fruit and flying boots. Hasn’t been played in the MGL for over 5 years!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Pac-Land finishes Sunday 8-Jun-2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game on a single credit.

GAME 4 … The ghostly adventures continue

:jump:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandFinal_zpse200be89.png

Congratulations to Another Rat for setting a new AA record and winning Game 4.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/PacLandMGL21Winner_zps4ab675ff.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.... but I think the legend part may have been left in by mistake :-)

I love this game.... I can't get near the AA record but I'll enjoy playing it.

No mistake ... :) ... you are a legend if you play in the MGL and have a go!

You have 16 days to play one of your favourite games, enjoy, and you'll see that you will do well ... :045:

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea what this game is, but it starts with "Pac" so I will assume its terrible

;)

Gosh, who can hate Pac-man? He's our hero!

Maybe this is a game that will challenge you and everyone else to the limits of your abilities ...

:026:

I don't know how to use the springboard, I keep drowning all my pac-men there...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64589[/ATTACH]

This could be a hint ...

I may need a new joystick after this..

;)

Still can't jump the long pond (3rd pond) on round 6.

MSG:53730

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64616[/ATTACH]

<Update>

Just made it - But landed into a mini ghost with my last life.

It's almost as nasty as the cart stage in willow.

Edited by ozfalcon

There is a few secrets in this one.

One of them is worth 80,000 points. :redface

OK, I think it's about time you write to us your arcade history story.

Like share a few paragraphs like others have ...

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/61406-MGL-19-Game-2-Dig-Dug-FINISHED/page6 (Post #59)

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/64150-MGL-20-Game-1-Black-Tiger-FINISHED/page17 (Post #170)

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/64150-MGL-20-Game-1-Black-Tiger-FINISHED/page18 (Post #172)

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/60918-My-Gaming-Story-)

Please feel free to spread the word on this thread ... I am interested if you grew up in WA, all the way on the western side of this great big country ...

Anyone else? Please go ahead, it would be nice to hear (read) ...

Edited by OOO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64726[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

There is a few secrets in this one.

One of them is worth 80,000 points. :redface

Much like some other games though, you can get a better score without using some of the secrets... there are "trade offs".

Much like some other games though, you can get a better score without using some of the secrets... there are "trade offs".

Like the level warps in Super Mario. Yes you get further through the game, but you score less.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I think it's about time you write to us your arcade history story.

Please feel free to spread the word on this thread ... I am interested if you grew up in WA, all the way on the western side of this great big country ...

Anyone else? Please go ahead, it would be nice to hear (read) ...

There's not much to tell actually.

The first cabinet game I played was Lunar Lander, out front of the local 4 Square.

It would have been about 1979/80 I suppose.

Over the next few years roller skating became the craze, lucky for me there was a rink bike riding distance from my house.

They had quite a few game there. I still remember trying to play Scramble at a cocktail machine, nursing a freshly broken wrist(that night).

That was on the night of April 4th 1981. A 4 hour skate session on the eve of my birthday. I was at the hospital as I turned 13.

There was another skating rink we used go to behind Carousel shopping centre, they had a game pit as well.

Over the next few years I got to play a few games, but I only remember a few of them.

Another popular place to go was Cinema City in Perth, they had a large selection of games to play.

I remember playing Asteroids at the cinema with my parents watching me and I remember playing Vanguard at a local deli.

I know I played more, but I just can't remember them.

August 1984 I started working full time, my first job ever.

Imagine that, a 16 year old with a pocket full of disposable income, in the golden age of arcade games.

Some of the games I remember from this time are,

Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Super Mario(I bought a NES because of this game), Pac-Land, Gauntlet, Hyper Olympics, Hyper Sports,

Slap-fight, Smash TV, Virtua Fighter, Bombjack, Moonpatrol, Quix, Missile Command, Defender, Dig Dug, Galaga, Donkey Kong,

Rygar, Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros, Loki, Circus Charlie, Amidar, Turkey Shoot(I would love to have one of these machines)...

This list would go on for ages.

I spent almost every Friday night when I started working, in the city, going from Timezone to Timezome.

I picked up a couple of tips and cheats from others at the arcade, but was never good enough to challenge the good players.

But I had fun all the same.

Over the next few years roller skating became the craze

Haha.. I remember the roller skating craze. Spent many weekends at the Carlingford Roller Rink. I even had my own skates (no rentals for me).

Imagine that, a 16 year old with a pocket full of disposable income, in the golden age of arcade games.

This list would go on for ages.

Paradise!

I spent almost every Friday night when I started working, in the city, going from Timezone to Timezome.

Now there's the magic and the memories, playing in an amazing era of game selection at will, and having the dough and the fun ...

Thanks for the story, not much to tell eh ... ;)

Not good enough to challenge the good players eh ... :rolleyes

How times have changed ... Winner Game 2 and up there with the leaders ... :)

Good luck with the 'rest' of the tournament!

I put no coin into this BITD because I never ever saw one of these machines. I've had about 10 games, and my scores are far to sucky to even contemplate posting at this very second. I really think I'm gonna crash & burn on this one (not as bad as Willow though) :lol