Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

whats your other hobby

I was sure there was a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Sorry if ive missed it if that's the case and maybe point me to it?

Ive just started another hobby and its building castles etc by pouring plaster into moulds and using the bricks to build stuff.

Whats your other hobby guys? (obviously besides pinball/arcade)!

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo345/rgajic/Mobile%20Uploads/20140312_210030_zps1cd2uvtr.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a thread like this a few months ago and it received stuff all interest. I think most people here only want to talk pinball / arcade, possibly not really surprising on a forum called Aussie Arcade :)

Anyway my other interest is a sport more than a hobby. My Wife, our 10yr old son and myself are into mountain biking. All types of cross country / All Mountain style riding from adventure point to point, social rides, solo endurance races, whatever, I love it. In fact it's my number one passion, games come second :)

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

I was sure there was a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Sorry if ive missed it if that's the case and maybe point me to it?

Ive just started another hobby and its building castles etc by pouring plaster into moulds and using the bricks to build stuff.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo345/rgajic/Mobile%20Uploads/20140312_210030_zps1cd2uvtr.jpg

nice castle. did you make the brick molds yourself or get them from somewhere?

as for other hobbies. I have 2 young kids so I don't often have much free time. so it's mostly just slipping in a game or a movie here and there.

recently, I have started getting an interest in building things. I made a shoe rack a month or so ago and I'm about to start a sandpit this weekend for my sons birthday.

that's the shoe rack before it was stained.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/13/e6uve4y7.jpg

Nice shoe rack Mame! I bought the moulds off Hirstarts site which allow you to pour your own plaster. They have many different moulds depending on what you want to build. Have always wanted to get into woodworking (after building my mame cabinet) but just found I didn't really have the time for these types of projects. Also tools and the space they take up are no goers for me

pinball, antique clocks, finches, model planes, photography, and watching docos. I also enjoy collecting the tools, that you need with every hobby. I may not do anything in a hobby for months, or years, but then I pick it up again......and it's fresh to me.

That's awesome, got any links to the moulds please I'm curious.

That's awesome, got any links to the moulds please I'm curious.

http://www.hirstarts.com

Check out the Molds available page. He has moulds and a suggested project for the mould. Of course its limited only by your imagination. As a first build I tried the suggested "Wizards tower" build and I think it turned out pretty cool. Still not finished as I have to paint it after I put some finishing caps on.

Mmmm where to start.

Restoring and operating/ showing vintage stationary farm engines, a tractor, a 1942 Chevy truck, building miniature live steam locomotives, building a remote control model Murray River paddlesteamer, volunteering in a railway museum, home brewing. And occasionally raising three and a half year and 6 month old kids!

Gaming (PC/Consoles), Drawing (badly), Writing, hoping/planning to get into at home basic audio and video/machinima/animation production for some personal projects - may never get off the ground though, hoping otherwise.

Used to build things with Lego, still have my Klingon Bird of Prey (not colour matched - slack) I built around 2001-2 for display. It's only lost 1 disruptor through all the moves since then.

Do you drink more, because you homebrew? That would be my worry, otherwise I would like to get into it.

I home brew too, have done for 20 yrs +. Drinking too much is an easy trap to fall in to (and I did), about 2 years ago decided not too now I probably go through a keg (18 Ltrs) every couple of months. Lots of other beers along the way but more a social drinker than a heavy drinker. Definately a very easy trap to fall into and not even notice.....

Also love fishing. Carp busters comps in Qld are great events.

Do you drink more, because you homebrew? That would be my worry, otherwise I would like to get into it.

Yeah second that. Brewing a nice ginger beer that went down too easily was my downfall. The bride soon put a stop to that (and the regular mates get togethers for a drink or three) once I met her. Oh, and port - buying a couple of kegs and getting port in 20 litre bulk quantities - was wondering why I was getting headachey until I figured out you really shouldn't drink 20% alcohol by the schooner glass, particularly when you top it up half way through.