Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

XRGB-mini Framemeister Help!?

Hey fellas,

I'm looking at purchasing one of those XRGB-mini Framemeister upscalers as I recently came into possession of a PAL SNES and an SD2SNES. :D

The thing is, I have no understanding of compatibility issues or what's required to get it going when it arrives, so any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

It would be running on a Samsung LED. It has HDMI, VGA, Composite and Component IN.

Thanks!

We have a couple of them but are still trying to get them working in out unusual set-up. There is both a wiki and a thread in the shmups forum that couldndefinitely help. From what i've read though, the composite input will probably still not give the best output for 720/1080p. No vga input too. We are using its rgb scart input and will eventually get it working with 720p output to our receiver and projector. When u get it the menus will prob be in Japanese but there is an option to change to English. Details of what to select also on wiki. Good luck and enjoy

It can take VGA via the RGB input, you need an adapter though.

What sort of adapter are you referring to?

So how would I go about cabling a PAL SNES > XRGB mini using RGB > 1080p TV with VGA input?

I a am really confused as to how this is cabled?

From what you say, the SNES plugs into a SCART to 8 din adapter, but I don't understand why, do you need some sort of other adapter for the SNES AV component? So would you then output the XRGB mini to TV with HDMI?

So my SNES has a multi-out and on the other end is AV composite.

Where does SCART fit into that?

It appears I need some other adapter.

buy a Snes scart cable of eBay ... Usually will get it from UK

I would read this. http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/XRGB-mini_FRAMEMEISTER

The supplied adapter would be wired for RGB21 which is a JP spec, differently wired to Euro scart. I think you get a European SCART to Framemeister XRGB Mini Converter http://www.retrogamingcables.com/micomsoft-xrgb.html and PAL Euro scart cable for the SNES. As I don't believe there would be any RGB21 wired scart cables for a PAL snes.

• 10 months later...

You have to use Japanese spec SCART cables with the Micomsoft XRGB Framemeister Mini otherwise you're likely to blow it up.

Wiring a Euro SCART to an XRGB would be an expensive mistake - Japanese SCART has a different pinout to Euro SCART.

This video tells the sad story of XRGBs damaged by incorrect SCART cables.

The best Japanese Spec SCART cable I've found for the Micomsoft XRGB Mini is the powered Sync Stripper adaptor for SCART to XRGB Mini 8 pin from ebay seller retro _console_accessories.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/retro_console_accessories?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Edited by Ting