Thread: MGL 21 - Game 2 ~ Puzzle Bobble 2 (Player vs Computer) ~ [FINISHED]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john73 View Post
    i have a rom prob too - my version on .106 won't work, but my .150 version runs (under the correct rom name) but it's listed as v2.30 - i assume it's the same, but i won't challenge for 1st on this anyway so it shouldn't matter :d
    ok ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    6108, Western Australia
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Time bonuses help heaps here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Ahh, Puzzle Bobble 2. The very first cabinet I ever bought had this PCB in it so I suppose I've owned this game longer than any other...

This game is probably a bit too reliant on the bonuses to be a good MGL game but we'll see.
    That's funny, we've received more score submissions on Puzzle Bobble 2 in the past 20 hours than we have in the first 7 days for Willow ...
    I remember John73 telling me many MGLs ago that I should not pick any games that RMacauley picks (he picked Willow, sorry dobbed you in ).
    But you know how fair I am, I let it through on an honesty basis ...

Last edited by OOO; 9th May 2014 at 06:30 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    I remember John73 telling me many MGLs ago that I should not pick any games that RMacauley picks (he picked Willow, sorry dobbed you in ).
    But you know how fair I am, I let it through on an honesty basis ...
    Believe it or not Willow was a last second replacement for another "never before in MGL" game and not an attempt to get a game in that everyone else seems to hate worse than Crush Roller.

I nominated 2 out of the 5 I'd picked but not submitted for MGL 20. Bank Panic was replaced because it came up last time and 2 others were changed. Had a few other games in mind but potential leeching issues meant scrapping them. Had enough controversies for the foreseeable future.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Back in the mid 90's I used to play this with flatmates on the PSX a fair bit, we would make up silly swear words for the crazy sounds the game makes and yell them at each other, I'm sure you will be guessing what they were now

This game is great to play with two players, but personally if I play solo I prefer to play the single player "tour" mode.

As said earlier the scoring on this is whacked, random, sometimes the CP just stuffs it and I get a huge bonus, other times I play well and get nothing.

Anyway it still has that "one more try" thing going and I'm having trouble passing the bitch on round 6, she cheats
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

No idea what I'm doing other than the absolute basics but looks a fun game.

pbobble2.png

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

Off and running

pbob0003.png
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)

Close but considering the top score was done in 4 rounds but it took me 11 I'm guessing I'm way off the mark. Bloody passage bonuses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    but personally if I play solo I prefer to play the single player "tour" mode.
    I actually intended this to be played on 'Puzzle Mode' but forgot to mention it in the nomination process so I guess OOO just chose the mode that he thought was appropriate. Oh well, too late now.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo View Post
    I actually intended this to be played on 'Puzzle Mode' but forgot to mention it in the nomination process so I guess OOO just chose the mode that he thought was appropriate. Oh well, too late now.
    Nahhhh let's change it.....come on @OOO ? scores so far can be just a practice, tour mode is more interesting solo.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information