Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wanted Taito Space Invaders Marquee / control panel.

Hi Guys.

I just picked up a old Taito Space Invaders cab as well as the electronics, tube and joystick etc. Unfortunately the cabinet has been stripped and the sides replaced with particle board. The guy was going to turn it into a mame 60 in 1. So I am going to do the proper thing and get it back to its former glory. So if anyone know someone or wants to sell a marquee, control panel or coin door or knows a place to get quality side art or t molding please let me know.

Hi Guys.

I just picked up a old Taito Space Invaders cab as well as the electronics, tube and joystick etc. Unfortunately the cabinet has been stripped and the sides replaced with particle board. The guy was going to turn it into a mame 60 in 1. So I am going to do the proper thing and get it back to its former glory. So if anyone know someone or wants to sell a marquee, control panel or coin door or knows a place to get quality side art or t molding please let me know.

Are you sure the sides have been replaced? The LAI manufactured Space Invaders were made out of particle board. Best to post up a picture.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

So there is no art under that vinyl?

I could print the sideart for you but getting a colour match could be tricky. John, did these have the LAI logo on the side instead of the Taito?

Obviously the print would have no 'ARE HERE' on it ;)

From memory yes, but I'm sure there are a few members here that own one and can confirm. The original artwork were just stickers over particle board sides, and tended to fall off over time.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

No art under the particle board unfortunately. That would have been a bonus if it was. I think your side art is correct except for the color of course Im wondering if you could combine the top of the LAI with the bottom of Taito to get rid of the "here now".

660514034_ScreenShot2014-02-23at9_49_46pm.thumb.jpg.36880f1ac5a2955576dc23abe2719545.jpg341636002_ScreenShot2014-02-23at9_50_00pm.jpg.e8d25404e1e5ab98dffaabc3c85b6acd.jpg