Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alien V Predator & Double Dragon Arcade Machines

Hi all,

posting this as I noticed it in the IT shop across the road from my office. Cardiff NSW.

They have 2 arcade machines that are in great working/looking condition. The owner, Alan bought these from a guy in Sydney who said he had used them in his home only. Now what usage they had in a prior life, he is not sure.

If you want me to suss them out more, let me know. They are in a tight area in his shop so not more than front-on shots could be had unless he/I move his stock out of the way. They are not in his shop to play they are merely there For sale!

Alien V Predator $3,000

Double Dragon $2,000

Phone the owner for better info. Alan 0428 826 153. Or if you want me to check it out, it's no big deal. It's 50m away only! :)

Those prices are about a decade out of date, prices have been in free fall for years.

There are three grades of cab really,

1) An original original, made by Taito, or Konami or whoever made the game, with original artwork all over it. These are rare in Australia, NZ, UK as they would have had to have been shipped to Aus as complete machines (!#!$ing heavy), common in US or Japan as they had local branches of the manufacturer

2) An Australian local "original" using a fairly generic LAI cab and limited artwork, possibly only a CP and Marquee. Most common in Aus as most arcade machines were built locally under license and only the board and marquee translight were imported - so the AvsP is probably this type.

Due to its age and the fact it is an extremely common game the DD is more likely to be...

3) A bog standard cab with the game PCB in it and a generic or 3rd party marquee and usually no other art. The marquee might have the game name, or might just say "ARCADE" or "LATEST GAMES". Chances of DD being a bootleg PCB are also extremely high, less so for AvP but not impossible.

If these are original originals he might make close to the $1000 mark, but probably $800 for the AvsP and $700 for the DD, on a good day, with a tale wind.

If they are LAIs then knock $100 to $150 off

If they are option three then you are down to basically the $450 mark, perhaps more for the AvsP due to the board, if it isn't a bootleg PCB.

Those prices are about a decade out of date, prices have been in free fall for years.

There are three grades of cab really,

1) An original original, made by Taito, or Konami or whoever made the game, with original artwork all over it. These are rare in Australia, NZ, UK as they would have had to have been shipped to Aus as complete machines (!#!$ing heavy), common in US or Japan as they had local branches of the manufacturer

2) An Australian local "original" using a fairly generic LAI cab and limited artwork, possibly only a CP and Marquee. Most common in Aus as most arcade machines were built locally under license and only the board and marquee translight were imported - so the AvsP is probably this type.

Due to its age and the fact it is an extremely common game the DD is more likely to be...

3) A bog standard cab with the game PCB in it and a generic or 3rd party marquee and usually no other art. The marquee might have the game name, or might just say "ARCADE" or "LATEST GAMES". Chances of DD being a bootleg PCB are also extremely high, less so for AvP but not impossible.

If these are original originals he might make close to the $1000 mark, but probably $800 for the AvsP and $700 for the DD, on a good day, with a tale wind.

If they are LAIs then knock $100 to $150 off

If they are option three then you are down to basically the $450 mark, perhaps more for the AvsP due to the board, if it isn't a bootleg PCB.

Well said :023: