Thread: Multimorphic P3

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    809 Post(s)

Multimorphic P3

I was skeptical when I first heard about p3, but after watching this, I've changed my mind. This looks really unique and not gimmicky at all. Verging on revolutionary. And will possibly open up pinball to a completely new market.

http://www.multimorphic.com/index.ph...nball-platform

It's a "pinball console" and reflects the shift Of pinball from a location market to a consumer market. It's what should have happened to pinball when video games arrived and killed arcades etc., but the technology wasn't there at the time.

You buy the platform then change the game easily when u want at relatively low cost. The top 1/3 is interchangeable as is the cabinet art. With the change of the playfield obviously changes the software and the whole game.

And I think it would actually work really well on location as well (not sure about durability/serviceability).

Of course I still prefer "real/traditional" pinball, but this would be a really cool addition to a collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Kurri Kurri
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    I had a bash on one at a show in Houston, it was pretty cool.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    809 Post(s)

How were the flippers mounted and powered? Looks like they would have to be floating above the LCD as u can't drill into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    They have a unique mounting I believe, or maybe it's the slings that do. Either way, animated flippers look freakin' cool.

I don't buy the whole consolised/easy to swap pf schtick though. Out of the tens of thousands of Pin2ks that were sold, how many owners/operators had more playfields than cabinets?

State
    Kurri Kurri
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    The flippers had a linkage from the side that operated them, I'll have a look later and see if I took a photo

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1063 Post(s)
    So has anyone ordered one of these? Have they given an estimate of when these will start to ship?

I think it looks very promising and as mentioned earlier would be a great addition to a collection.

Great video.......

Really like the features like the ball lock and the popup gates, also thought the video looked great as it zoomed into each area. Would really draw you in.

I also like that it is interchangeable as it is only 1/3 of a playfield to store and not a whole playfield. I think this is a great idea as I think most would only want one of this 'type' of pinball as opposed to the 'traditional' type.

Very keen to play one as I think I would really like it.

State
    Kurri Kurri
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    Here's a couple of photos I took in Texas a while back, you can see the flipper linkages in the playfield shot
    DSC07170.jpg
    DSC07209.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    The Multimorphic P3 is getting close to production.

Here is a teaser video showing the basic concept:

Here is a recent gameplay video (with Roger Sharpe playing):

And a flyer for the Texas pinball festival where they will be showing their first game for the system, Lexy Lightspeed, another completely new game and 3 mini games (one of which is targeted specifically at children).

P3 flyer.jpg

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)
    I'm glad this treat is continuing. I've played this game in Texas as well, and it's great. I have a partial deposit down for one when Gerry gets them up and going. They play like any normal pinball machine, but appeal to a whole new generation due to the video aspect. The screen/playfield takes about 2 minutes to get used to and adds a whole new dimension to the gameplay. I hope developers get on board and utilize its potential with updated graphics.IMG_3292.jpg

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)
    Is it open source?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information