Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Game 7 ~ Slap Fight ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gave Slap Fight another shot, but I just can not play these sort of games. Congrats to the eventual winner and anyone that can score more than 38,000 on this one ;)

Use the trick for easy points :) I found you can get up to 240k (well thats as many as I could get)

• Administrators
Hmm I'm in a quandary. Do I give Slapfight another go or do I continue doing manual binary, hex conversions with ones complement, twos complement, signed magnitude showing all my working out? Given I'd be wasting my time on another Slapfight attempt I'll continue the joys of base number conversions :rolleyes

He does actually die then....the little b!tch wouldn't die for me

Lol

Doesnt die. Just gotta shoot the hell out of him for max points :). I focused on hitting him instead of the enemies, so died soon thereafter and couldnt recover.

Doesnt die. Just gotta shoot the hell out of him for max points :). I focused on hitting him instead of the enemies, so died soon thereafter and couldnt recover.

ThX Barra, it's good to know although it won't help me in this comp..I'm done. I remember playing and enjoying Slap Fight in the Arcade, I then picked it up on the C64.

I've seen more of the game playing in this comp which has been great.

I think I will stick with it and try to complete this game on one credit in the future.

It's 7pm on Sunday 30-March-2014.

Score submissions for Game 7 Slap Fight is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SlapFight4Final_zpsa5e09dfe.png

Fine performances by many in this hard hitting shooter.

Barra and Brad beat the previous AA record.

OOO takes out Game 7.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SlapFightMGL20Winner_zps580e4dd9.png

Kung-Fu Master is the last game left in play.

7 games completed, only 1 game to go … and 7 days till the end of MGL 20 …

I'll update the overall scoreboard tonight.

:)

Once again OOO shows he is the King of vertical scrolling shooters.

There are many others here at AA who are great at other shooters ... so "good" is a more suitable description ... :D

Well done!!

Thanks!

BTW what was your PB BITD?

2,324,770 ... Orbit 600 George St Sydney Australia ... 1986 ... :)

There are many others here at AA who are great at other shooters ... so "good" is a more suitable description ... :D

Thanks!

2,324,770 ... Orbit 600 George St Sydney Australia ... 1986 ... :)

Impressive stuff, the top 3 deserve a medal 🏆🏆🏆

Wow very nice.

Is there an end to this game? Im seeing some evidence of 255 being the final area, but other evidence that its not

There is no end to this game after level 255. That's certain since BITD I went past that level, but whether it resets to 0 or 1 or keeps going 255, 256, 257 etc. I don't remember.

Like most shooters of the period, like Xevious, Terra Cresta, Tiger Heli, Gyrodine etc., after you pass the last section successfully, it repeats mid-way or from the start.

So Slap Fight on medium setting gets harder in faster enemy shot speed and no. of enemies increase in the start section from the 2nd time round.

It could be that the game could end or crash if you achieve over 9,999,990 points, but the levels just keep going ...

I don't think I'll be hitting 255 anytime soon lol

You never know unless you try ... ;)

If you don't think you can do it, you are probably right.

If you think you can do it, and try hard, you probably can.

Where's that tank engine? ... I think I can ... I think I can ... and you know what ... he did it!

:)