Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern -ACDC with SHAKER MOTOR

Hi Guys

I bought my Acdc Premium and had the shaker installer. Not long after playing the acdc drop targets started to activate randomly. Later the TNT targets did the same thing or not register the hits.

Solution

Found that's the connectors to the target optos slightly get loose. Reseat and then place hot glue on the edges of the connectors.

Problem gone away...

Yep I had the same issue I just pushed mine back in :-) hot glue is an interesting idea where do I get that?

Great thread :-)

Cheers Peter

You can buy a hot glue gun with glue sticks at any $2 shop for well under $10.

Not really "glue them together" - more, run a bead of hot glue along the edge where the plug meets the socket (with them plugged together). That way you can simply peel off the hot glue bead should you ever need to remove the plug with no damage.

Cheers I'll check it out and do I glue the connectors together :-)

Cheers Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

This is the type of thing you are looking for - there are many types and varieties but a cheepo one will do the job just as well as an expensive one for your application.

http://www.homepin.com/pics/gluegun.jpg

Hi Peter

I bought the Hot Glue Gun from Bunnings and they come with some glue sticks.

The best thing is that you can always scrap it off if you need to without much effort. That is why I tried the hot glue.

Regards

Mitch

Hi Peter

I bought the Hot Glue Gun from Bunnings and they come with some glue sticks.

The best thing is that you can always scrap it off if you need to without much effort. That is why I tried the hot glue.

Regards

Mitch

Cheers Mitch I'll check them out :-)

Peter

• 3 months later...

To follow up with my fix for this problem the hot glue went hard and gave way after a while. It was easy to apply and dry but not durable enough.

Anyway I removed the glue and then applied good quality silicon - actually it was the same stuff used on gutters. Then left it to cure overnight. Once I got home from work the next evening I tested the fix.

Great!! Problem gone and has been gone for a few weeks now.

Cheers Mitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk