Thread: MGL 20 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1180 Post(s)

Exclamation MGL 20 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

Please note that we are using the % scoring system for this MGL. The highest score in each game will receive 100 points/percent and each player below that score will receive a % of the highest score. The maximum therefore that anyone can score after all eight games are completed is 800 points for 8 wins.

16-Feb-2014:

After Game 1, Black Tiger brought out the best in most players as they hit new PBs and the old AA record "bit the dust".
    Many players haven't played all three games yet and many first scores are in Games 2 and 3.
    A lot to play for yet ... 7 games to go!

Last edited by OOO; 6th April 2014 at 08:10 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    726 Post(s)
    It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Rat View Post
    It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.
    Don't worry about it too much. I was convinced before my first MGL that I would crush everyone with my arcade skills - haven't even managed a top 3 finish after about 8 MGL's - some of these guys grew up in arcades - it's all about having some fun and doing your best - which you already are Just look at the points table and see if you can move yourself up over the person one in front of you.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1180 Post(s)

To be great at anything takes practice, practice, practice, learning, patience, skill refinement, thinking outside the box and fun.
    If you put the fun and effort in, you will be rewarded.
    And if you play for fun and improve your skills, hit PBs and enjoy this community, well you're a winner in my books ...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo View Post
    You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.
    Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    696 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.
    Who? Moi? Surely you jest. Nothing further on jumping jack from me. I'm in Sydney without any mame access until I get home late Sunday night. And I suck at q'bert

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1180 Post(s)

After Game 2, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

The Top 3 have made a mini break from the rest of the group.
    From positions 4 to 10 lies only 34.79 points difference, a very close bunch, yet only 84.5 points at worst from the lead.
    From positions 11 to 25, it's early days only, so much yet to be played for ...

As chrisbo posted earlier, a good score will make a huge difference and take you near the top ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo View Post
    6 games to go and the games to come will be quite a surprise ...

Also there are 21 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after games 1 and 2, if they play all 8 games.
    Last edited by OOO; 23rd February 2014 at 08:46 PM.

State
    Newcastle NSW
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett2280 View Post
    Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.
    Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information