Thread: MGL 20 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.
    It doesnt take long to get used to. I just use the arrow keys

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    I dare say this is the first time Rob hasn't been in the top 3 after 2 games played, have the gods of the selection process thrown a curve ball at you? I know you're doing well in in Tiger Heli, but it looks like Q*Bert isn't a favorite of yours. Could the massive run of first place finishes end?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    It doesnt take long to get used to. I just use the arrow keys
    Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again
    Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Newcastle NSW
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.
    Using an upright arcade cabinet. I dont have any games on my computer. Bought the cabinet off ebay.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia

I only cheer for NZ in the cricket because I loathe every other nation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brett2280 View Post
    Using an upright arcade cabinet. I dont have any games on my computer. Bought the cabinet off ebay.
    So you've got the control set up as Brad suggested? You need it on diagonal I believe - unless you can rotate the joy to 45 degree's you may find it easier playing with MAME on your PC. Just my guess though

Yes I did nominate this game, but honestly, MGL say's the game should be playable on 4 or 8 way, 2 or 3 buttons max - we never ever made mention of games having to be played with joys set to 45 degree's - in all honesty this game is probably not suited to a cab unless you can get your stick set at 45 degree's - sure you can learn, but it's just not natural.

I've never played an original Q*Bert, I'd think the controls would feel rather weird just going for the diags

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)
    I dare say this is the first time Rob hasn't been in the top 3 after 2 games played, have the gods of the selection process thrown a curve ball at you? I know you're doing well in in Tiger Heli, but it looks like Q*Bert isn't a favorite of yours. Could the massive run of first place finishes end?
    A curve ball perhaps but I've said time and time again I've had a bloody good run as far as game selections go. Something had to give eventually. Q*Bert is just a game I never got my head around and never put in the effort to do so. I'll keep plugging away at it for the next few days and see what happens

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    A curve ball perhaps but I've said time and time again I've had a bloody good run as far as game selections go. Something had to give eventually. Q*Bert is just a game I never got my head around and never put in the effort to do so. I'll keep plugging away at it for the next few days and see what happens
    I've had many many game's of Q*Bert, it honestly is a bloody hard game to master. I've watched a little bit of George Leutz playing and a hell of a lot of Ed Heemskerk playing. Watch a bit of them and you quickly think this game is easy, this game really is ridiculously hard. One of those games where you can watch someone play live and think, yep I can do that, but try to do it yourself and it's a whole lot harder.

Don't want to start the debate over people live streaming in the first week again But yeah, I've watched a lot of Ed playing Q*Bert and it did very little for my game play TBO. There are, IMO, just some games that you are either going to be a natural at or you won't and any number of games or watching others won't help you out - I've watched many many games of DK, Dean Saglio for example, can I duplicate what he does on 1-1? No friggin way. I do think some games are just built into your DNA or they aren't.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett2280 View Post
    Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.
    Listen to John... he knows what he is talking about

I have changed to using keyboard for this game (for now, I will try remapping my joystick, but for now keyboard is working well). My scores aren't great but am getting around 20k at the moment. With my joystick not remapped it was driving me bonkers and my scores were very low.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

After Game 3, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

bworldmv just keeps steadily improving his skills and scores and goes from 14th to 13th place.
    DKong scores a terrific 348K and 2nd place on Tiger Heli and moves from 15th to 7th place !!!
    Brett2280 scores better on Tiger Heli than chrisbo and passes him to move into 2nd place.
    Everyone else didn't move up (or not that much) after Game 3 compared to after Game 2.

Even after 3 games I can't make out who the Top 10 finish will be. It's all up to you guys ...
    5 games to go ...

Also there are 21 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after games 1, 2 and 3, if they play all 8 games.

Last edited by OOO; 2nd March 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    it's good to see so many people competing in the MGL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information