Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Game Elf 412-in-1 Multiboard Customisation/Mods

NoRC

Question

So finally got my new multicade cocktail cabinet on the weekend... it came with the Game Elf 412-in-1 board which I must say despite the reviews I have been pleased with.

First thing I did was clone my SD Card so I did not break anything then set to work on customisation... because stock is not always the best and the default music was HORRIBLE.

I shot a quick video last night with my mobile phone of how it looks/sounds... which you can see in the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uVuBblVidI

Up next is getting the highscore saves to well save ...

bg240384.png.7ee0669ecd02a85c88bffe99e6c313c2.png

11 answers to this question

I now also have working high score saves...

Next is a randomiser on the main menu background so that every time it boots you get a randomly selected background image... possibly also a random background music as well to keep it interesting.

So did up a new main menu tonight for my GameElf 412-in-1

new412.thumb.jpg.095bdf1f38974e361b013d3c82e30951.jpg

This is the raw background file

bg240384.png.b7a80dd31de170d80126cc29f938ae0f.png ...

New loading graphic.. it still has the bar but i changed the text images.

loading.jpg.aecf8c64f8b29349641e4098f6477c75.jpg

These are the new popup continue/quit images.

continue.jpg.89fa3885c51c43e83ed2f6fe9965eacf.jpgquit.jpg.d1d7afa072d3a502ae4c4861a748393d.jpg

Much more happy with this layout/style.

Hi,

I just got my Game Elf 412 set up and running on an old upright arcade cabinet. I agree that the default interface and music leaves much to be desired. Is there any way that you can post the files associated with your updated interface? I would love to give them a try!

Thanks,

Larry from NH

Save HighScores

Can you post a link or describe the process of how you enabled score saving?

Thank you so much

Well I followed the exact steps from an SU user at this site on a Linux box

http://dan.van.derveer.com/twenty/2013/07/28/hacking-the-276-in-1-jamma-board/

The games play but the high scores just refuse to save. I currently have a board with the following version

V400in1-V2.1-PCB26

I have an image file with the save high score hack that works, but unfortunatly it is upside down and refuses to flip (I guess I could flip the monitor) but its an older version and well there are a couple games that sound isnt as good and are kinda buggy (Galaga is too big for example)

V400in1-V1.7-PCB26

I literally have no idea what I am missing here to get the highscore to work. Games work flawlessly after the hack applied except for the highscore not saving. I dont really want to go back to a 60 in 1, but it does save high scores and the Mrs. finds this to be a deal breaker.

Any help would be appreciated..

Did you get it to work?

Well I followed the exact steps from an SU user at this site on a Linux box

http://dan.van.derveer.com/twenty/2013/07/28/hacking-the-276-in-1-jamma-board/

The games play but the high scores just refuse to save. I currently have a board with the following version

V400in1-V2.1-PCB26

I have an image file with the save high score hack that works, but unfortunatly it is upside down and refuses to flip (I guess I could flip the monitor) but its an older version and well there are a couple games that sound isnt as good and are kinda buggy (Galaga is too big for example)

V400in1-V1.7-PCB26

I literally have no idea what I am missing here to get the highscore to work. Games work flawlessly after the hack applied except for the highscore not saving. I dont really want to go back to a 60 in 1, but it does save high scores and the Mrs. finds this to be a deal breaker.

Any help would be appreciated..

Did you get the V400in1-V2.1-PCB26 to save high scores?

I have just gone through the process and am having no luck.

Hallo Arcade friends!

I have a 412-In-1 Vertical JAMMA Game Board

could someone post a Image link to a Version which SAVES Higscores, and may be rotated the boot logo

i could backup and restore Images but i am not familair with Linux hacking

thx

Tom