Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cheap freeze spray

bretty

For anyone who uses freeze spray for Mylar removal here is a company I found good value.

Went to buy some more from jaycar but $25 a can at my local store for 250gram can. So I got to searching the Net and came up with RS components, less than $20 for 400 ml can delivered.

Super fast delivery too. Not sure how to convert ml's into grams but it's a lot bigger can.

Bought 2 cans to start with and had excellent results so bought another 6 which should last me a lifetime. Did my Earthshaker and more on one can and being pretty generous with it also.

Previously Worked out the hard way to use heaps of spray when removing Mylar but at Jaycar prices I was a bit tight:rolleyes

I totally destroyed a fire playfield last week using heat from a hair dryer so don't think I will ever use heat again.

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p/freezer-sprays/0846682

Edited by bretty
Link added

You can use compressed air in a can but turn it upside down. Works the same has freeze spray.

+1, I bought the little cans (150ml) from office works and they work extremely well, were $2 a can so grabbed 4 and put on the shelf for when I need them..

This mylar removal is doing my head in, on youtube vid its popping off in big pieces, I'm using Loctite freeze & release. mylar isn't hazing like the vid & its pulling the art work up, will try other branded stuff that bunnings carried :o

loctite cans are $12, wonder if some brands are better than others

http://youtu.be/hdtdBGpSO5E

This mylar removal is doing my head in, on youtube vid its popping off in big pieces, I'm using Loctite freeze & release. mylar isn't hazing like the vid & its pulling the art work up, will try other branded stuff that bunnings carried :o

loctite cans are $12, wonder if some brands are better than others

http://youtu.be/hdtdBGpSO5E

Man that sucks. When i did it it worked pretty much exactly like in the videos. I used a can of "3 in 1 air duster" upside down that I got from bunnings. Mine was a diamond coat playfield so obviously that is an huge advantage. What playfield are you working on?

Man that sucks. When i did it it worked pretty much exactly like in the videos. I used a can of "3 in 1 air duster" upside down that I got from bunnings. Mine was a diamond coat playfield so obviously that is an huge advantage. What playfield are you working on?

Pinbot

mine too, same as the video on four different machines now (RFM, BSD, Indy, FT) all with the cheap $2 cans of air from Office Works upside down..

Though the RFM left a heap of glue behind that took hours and many tries to remove even with the orange citrus stuff..

I assume no diamondplate/clearcoat on pinbot so I'd say your job is not really like mine or the 4 done by Joele. I would have thought the freeze spray would be your best chance. Carefully removing mylar with it, then using something to try to remove the left over adhesive without removing paint. Sorry it didn't work out that way for you.:unsure Let us know what works best for you in the end as I'm sure there are others besides me who are intersted. Good Luck.:023: Edited by Fridgy
Typo