Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP to announce #3 Dialed In

RGR

Well, not quite a Lambo (which weigh in at something like half a million a pop). But I can buy a pretty decent brand-new small car for $18,500.

I really wonder whether the extra $4500 for the collector's edition is worth it. The main differences (other than plaques and signed paraphernalia) appear to be the topper and laser-cut side armor. There is also the mirrored back panel and special back glass (whatever those are). And "customised software", where I'd hope it'll be a little bit more than just having my name appear somewhere on the display.

Overall, the LE seems to be much more reasonably priced (at least compared to the collector's edition). And I suspect that a topper will become available as an after-market item.

Still, $13,990 ain't pocket change… But then, it's a Lawlor pin. Going by the reports from Expo, it'll be serious fun to play.

Michi.

It is fun to play.. Combination of TAF, Monopoly, FH and TZ. Interesting that in alot if not all of his pins the side flipper always has 2 shots to go for. I found that this game was quite innovative in terms of lighting locks and the ability of adding balls (shooting the left ramp) prior to starting multiball. It definitely user friendly in terms of ball times and shot making...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is fun to play.. Combination of TAF, Monopoly, FH and TZ. Interesting that in alot if not all of his pins the side flipper always has 2 shots to go for. I found that this game was quite innovative in terms of lighting locks and the ability of adding balls (shooting the left ramp) prior to starting multiball. It definitely user friendly in terms of ball times and shot making...

Thanks for that Richard!

Hmmm… I'm tempted. Might have to get rid of that lambo in the garage first though… ;)

But, seriously, I would never buy a NIB without having played it first. No matter how much some people rave about a machine, some pins just don't work for me. I had really high hopes for Ghostbusters after all the ecstatic reports about it when it first came out. But, after many games I've played on GB, it's still only "meh" to me. I just don't like it, it's a personal thing.

Part of the problem for me is that, to get a decent score, you have to set up a bunch of things that you then collect on. I can have a really long ball, and still not have any points worth speaking of if I don't make those objectives. It's a problem of many modern-day machines, IMO. Many are too oriented towards achieving one or more objectives. That disempowers me as a player because I have fewer choices as to what I'll do next. I guess that's why I really like older, simpler machines, such as Trident and Pinball Champ. Generally, on these machines, there is a more direct relationship between ball time and points. There are most definitely objectives on these machines, too; but the objectives are not all-dominating, leaving me more room to "play".

Michi.

Going to Wayne's this week with kids to play it before ordering , has anyone ordered a Ce or have any idea about the software ,

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

The software customisation? You might be able to have your own news headlines running down the bottom of the game on CE model...but not confirmed.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

I decided to upgrade the CPU,the video lag was getting annoying,I dont have inconsistent coil power like others have had and with JJP at this stage not doing much about it with the code updates ,for under a $100 its a cheap fix and reversible.

Used an intel i5-4570 3.2 GHz,no more lag:)

It will be fixed in a patch, but yeah jjp hasn’t said much about it publically.

My guess would be that the main code is fairly single threaded and the higher cpu speed and not extra cores help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to upgrade the CPU,the video lag was getting annoying,I dont have inconsistent coil power like others have had and with JJP at this stage not doing much about it with the code updates ,for under a $100 its a cheap fix and reversible.

Used an intel i5-4570 3.2 GHz,no more lag:)

My video has been fine so far, but may look into this if I start having issues.

How do you tell what CPU you have currently? Apologies if i missed this somewhere.

• Super Moderator
My video has been fine so far, but may look into this if I start having issues.

How do you tell what CPU you have currently? Apologies if i missed this somewhere.

Its just one of those things ,if you dont look for it its not a problem but once you see it its there all the time

It seems to be the early release versions/celeron CPU's having the problem,later games have different CPU intel

Go into the menu ,its in hardware info

It’s a bit rough that you’ve got to upgrade the CPU because they haven’t programmed to support the hardware installed. I know in my WOZ I get frame rate issues with some of the animations it’s particularly noticeable on the lionman, scarecrow and tin man animations.

• Super Moderator
It’s a bit rough that you’ve got to upgrade the CPU because they haven’t programmed to support the hardware installed. I know in my WOZ I get frame rate issues with some of the animations it’s particularly noticeable on the lionman, scarecrow and tin man animations.

I agree but at this stage its a reasonably cheap fix with off the shelf parts,could be worse at least its not node board issues

I found some time tonight to have a play around.

Can’t get ssh server installed on the barstard so I’ll have to make up a monitoring package another night and install it via USB.

I have one of the older machines with a celeron cpu in it but I do have a spare i5 from my hobbit to test.

One of the cores is already pegged but I don’t get any phone video lag.

I’ll see if I can get some baseline stats first before doing anything else.

why don't you just log a service ticket

Apart from pretty much all machines being technically out of support anyway? Wouldn’t almost all machines be out of support/warranty?

I logged a physical mech issue with my phone scoop months ago but it never got answered.

Ended up solving it myself. Turned out to be a manufacturing issue.

if its regarding a software update causing issues not reporting it via support nothing will get done about it

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from pretty much all machines being technically out of support anyway? Wouldn’t almost all machines be out of support/warranty?

I logged a physical mech issue with my phone scoop months ago but it never got answered.

Ended up solving it myself. Turned out to be a manufacturing issue.

also whats the support ticket number you lodged, I can complain about it not being answered, or if you emailed they won't answer, only via Support Portal