Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Battlefield 4

loony

Straight up its a buggy game but it is getting better since its release. Its pretty-as and the game is the same but altered enough separate it from the others in the series... Just a shame EA are clowns.

E.g. - they pushed this through quality control just to beat the launch of COD-Ghosts (which ive heard is really bad anyway lol)

In game an example of an alteration is when choppers get hit, they can lose their main rotor/control for a small period, as do tanks etc... bit more realistic that you can take a good hit and not just keep on going. A big change for me is you can now COUNTER knife, very cool feature.

If you find yourself playing, dont be shy... come on and join spriggy, myself and some others in teamspeak where we have a proud little clan and server running. Our server is called the "Thunderdome" in the search.

All details on our website = http://www.mfpclan.com/

Where the game can be annoying and testing, its much much more fun with a few mates and a beer having a run around! :D

• 2 weeks later...

yeah alot is on EA's side. We had an Adelaide server which was really laggy, complained and they said "oh hey, wanna swap to our brand new gear server in sydney?"

So we swapped and its been fine since. If your lagging in ALL servers though it might be your PC somewhere? i know mine is an older 775 quad core socket and struggles a bit when loading but does ok on medium settings when in game.

they have fixed the "performance test" in the options, run that and it will help now instead of a random message thats a lie! lol

I have noticed playing solo when no one else is on i play bad, take it too serious, end up raging and just not enjoying it. When yaking in team speak and havin a few laughs its much more enjoyable...and you also dont have to run around shooting your team mates screaming "DROP SOME AMMO AND HEALTH FFS!!!" hahaha

• 3 years later...
Been playing battlefield 1 and absolutely loving it.

This. It's very BC2-like, TBH. Not exactly the same, movement is still second-best because they've left the hurdle mechanic in, but gun play is now enjoyable again. TTK is longer, and the engine is pretty snappy. There's far more strategic and tactical scope though, than either BC2 or BF4, and even BF3. An actual comp mod would be nice, or some other form of backing from EA's e-sports division, but all we really need is DICEA to get of their backsides and allow private server hosting.

If DICE continue to make Battlefield then Battlefront each alternate year as I have read about, will we ever get a Bad Company 3? :unsure

In terms of how the core infantry game plays and feels, BF1 is much, much more like BC2 than either BF3 or BF4. No more weird gadgets, no more lock-ons, no more tripping over ankle-high obstacles, no godawful buggy netcode, no massive knife glitching that takes forever to finish, no massively unbalanced assault+medic class, no levelution, etc. I loved BC2, still do, and played it all the way through BF3 and BF4 even though I was competing at those titles. Let me say: if you're a BC2 fan, BF1 is definitely worth checking out.

EDIT: I'm waiting for 2143, myself. That's where I started comp, and loved it. The inf mechanic in BC2 was far superior, and BF1 is about as good, but I miss my walker :(