Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rocky2 (Auckland) gamesroom in the news.....

Just had Television New Zealand call me up this afternoon. They were producing a short story on the early video games and would I mind if they did some filming in my gamesroom?

Well ok, I said as long as you don't identify my house and I'm not getting in front of the camera! So they came over, set up their lights and cameras and shot away.

They brought a presenter over and filmed for over an hour. They were mainly interested in the vidz but they covered the pins as well. They were impressed by all the marquees and backglasses on the walls! For you kiwis, it'll probably be shown on Seven Sharp tomorrow or Friday.

Just had Television New Zealand call me up this afternoon. They were producing a short story on the early video games and would I mind if they did some filming in my gamesroom?

Well ok, I said as long as you don't identify my house and I'm not getting in front of the camera! So they came over, set up their lights and cameras and shot away.

They brought a presenter over and filmed for over an hour. They were mainly interested in the vidz but they covered the pins as well. They were impressed by all the marquees and backglasses on the walls! For you kiwis, it'll probably be shown on Seven Sharp tomorrow or Friday.

That's great Yee. Can you record it and post it up? I'd love to see it, as I'm sure the rest of the gang here would too! :)

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

It was finally shown on national tv yesterday. It mainly centered on the resurgence of spacie machines, clip runs for 5 minutes:

http://tvnz.co.nz/seven-sharp/spacies-video-5666851

There was great anticipation in my household but alas all the film taken in my games room ended up on the cutting room floor.

Here's my games room for people that haven't seen it:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/56062-My-gamesroom-(Auckland)-10

Join us for Pincade March 2014!

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/61756-Kiwi-PINCADE-Part-7-New-Zealand-Meet-2014

Yeah I saw it Yee. Stink bro! I think I saw one clip of your 1943?

The rest were those crappy things coming out of Pukekohe ;)

No, don't have a 1943 so not mine.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping to see your games room Yee are well . That kid who travels 2 1/2 hours each way to work , loves his job building arcades gets my vote ..

Yeah, total dedication but he is the boss's son so maybe some day the business might be his!

The NZ taito cab with the 20c pieces on it Yee, was that yours?

Funny that you asked. It belonged to Les during the filming but I went there yesterday and bought it off him. In my games room now. It has fast shoot Galaga in it but it seems to start a higher level so all the patterns and challenging stages are unfamilar to most people.