Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jukebox Plastic front

Hi.

Could someone tell me where i can buy a floor standing plastic front for the jukebox im making?

Ideally it would be a blow molded so i can put led lights on the wood behind it then glue the front on and position where i want things.

I cant find anywhere that does them or am i looking for the wrong name for them (Jukebox... front, fasica, mould, casing)

thanks in advance

Welcome to AA

Good luck finding ANYTHING like that............

Hi.

Could someone tell me where i can buy a floor standing plastic front for the jukebox im making?

Ideally it would be a blow molded so i can put led lights on the wood behind it then glue the front on and position where i want things.

I cant find anywhere that does them or am i looking for the wrong name for them (Jukebox... front, fasica, mould, casing)

thanks in advance

I was going to attempt to make the same thing for a jukebox project. My plan was to get some 60mm steel tube rolled to the desired semi-circle shape, then weld a couple of straight pieces on to the semi-circle to form an extended U shape. Then cut Perspex to the 'approximate shape'. Then heat Perspex in the oven till ready for moulding, and mould over the tube using wooden 'pegs' to hold in shape until cooled... It's a lot of stuffing around, but the welding/rolling part would cost me nothing as I'm a boilermaker. Never got round to it due to other commitments. The other option I was going to try was to glue a heap of mdf or ply sheets together to form a 100mm thick piece of board. Then somehow cut a mould into the timber using a plunge router or CNC. Then drill a ton of small holes on the timber and make my own vac mould. Again, no time spare for me so no bingo yet...OR just pay a plastic fabricator to make something up for you