Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sound is garbled - Q about wire from JAMMA harness to sound connector CP Astro City

noideawhatimdoing

Question

Hi

So I've gotten everything working, except the sound is very muted, and overlayed with static (both game boards give same result).

I tested the wiring between the connector in the CP and up to the speakers, all four wires have continuity.

From the JAMMA harness the grey has continuity to the speakers but not pink. I followed the pink wire and it goes to the PSU to the plug named SOUND OUT. Does the grey one also go from the harness plug to the PSU and if so, how do these and the blue striped pink and grey that also go into this plug relate? As in I know four go up to the plug in the CP but how do these fit in with the harness?

Tldr; is this pink one not showing continuity between the harness pin and the speakers my problem? I'll stop typing, it feels like I'm rambling.

4 answers to this question

I think your problem is that Jamma is mono by standard and you're trying to run stereo...

What board are you trying to get sound from and what board was in the cab originally?

Hi

I have SF2 CE, & one of the blue elf things the cab has two speakers and 4 wires, so yeah it sounds like its tgrying to be stereo, not sure what was in it originally.

What do you reckon would be the best way around this?

cheers

So after looking at wiring charts and testing everything, I've come to the conslusion that the amp in the psu might be dead as there is no power output at all while game is running and sound on. I think whatever little signal that the game is outputting without being amplified is why i can hear a tiny bit.

Anyone know if you can replace the amps in these psu's before i go opening it to look?