Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 1 ~ Wonder Boy ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

Looks like we've got 20 people participating in the first game, getting close to an MGL record, I think we may have had 21 or 22 in one of the last 2 MGL's. This must be one of the most popular MAME comps on the interwebs now, and considering we play about 4 times a year and not just once or twice, it would have to be the most successful.

20 people? Thats cool! Really good numbers. Hope everyone sticks around :)

I said I was done with Wonderboy. I lied. NOW Im done! That ice stage sucks! (4-3)

wboy-1380169628.png.20c6252e12678ac9162807b23114adf4.png

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had to fly to Melbourne today, up at 3.30am and just got home at 10.30pm. I'm buggered.

But like a good MGL trooper, I check in on this thread ... Why? Because the MGL matters!

John73 continues to improve his gameplay and hits the quarter million mark, passing Brad on the scoreboard.

Woody posts a higher score and Barra presses 506K with a lie and posts a terrific 555K. :bunny:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game1SB9_zps25224c3b.png

3 days to go ...

:)

The crowd stands aside, the velvet ropes part, I tip the doorman a 100 and confidently strut into... the 300k club!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55693[/ATTACH]

No frogs survived this game...

How cool is that score, and you pass camaro on the scoreboard as well. :023:

My final Wonderboy Score and personal best.

What a great game, always loved it and this competition has pushed me to see parts of the game that I hadn't seen before. We'll done to all of the guys who have improved their game since competing! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/27/hy3u5egy.jpg

wboy0014.png.5a98e459a2d6743df569ba0c68e68cbb.png

Might try and sneak another game or two in, I think I know how to get past where I'm stuck on 3-2 now (after getting there 3 times and losing a collective 10+ lives)

I will most likely play this again in the future now, fun game, but it's a bit hard to keep playing game after game during one session because of the tediousness of having to redo the early stages over and over again.

Well my goal was to crack 300,000 Glad I finally did so I don't have to play this game again for whats hoped is a long time ;)

Great you made a new PB!

Plus you passed outrun86, kane, camaro, Dkong and John73 with this score. Nice!

One hour to go on Wonder Boy ...

(The AA site was down for me for most of today, don't know what happened but I am glad it is back up ... :060:)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55724[/ATTACH]

Might try and sneak another game or two in, I think I know how to get past where I'm stuck on 3-2 now (after getting there 3 times and losing a collective 10+ lives)

Cool, see if you can get past 3-2 with one hour to go .... time pressure ... :D

It's 7pm on Sunday 29-September-2013

Score submissions for Game 1 Wonder Boy is now closed ... :cry

What a great game this was with so many players improving their game and personal best ... :023:

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game1SB11_zps53c2dc83.png

Congratulations to RMacauley for setting a new AA record and winning Game 1 ... :applause:

Your marquee game win is below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Wonderboy_MGL19_Winner_Final_zps2575f191.png

Who will win Pac-man, Dig Dug or the other secret games to come?

Let's play and find out ... :026:

:)

Well done to everyone and congrats Rob on an awesome score!

Had fun this round. Wanted to actually get a couple more games in but didnt have the chance. Unfortunately its not a game Id want to play just for the sake of it

Bring on the next games :)