Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 18 - Final voting results

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]Game[/td]

[td]Votes[/td]

[td]Voters[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Moon Patrol[/td]

[td]10[/td]

[td]RMacauley, Blktgr74, Mameshane[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Galaga[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[td]Knight76, RMacauley, Foot, Barra, MonoJoker, Mameshane, DKong[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Valtric[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[td]Rat[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Gyruss[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]Azathoth, John73, Knight76, Foot[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Turtles[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]Azathoth, Pelly, Fire_Power[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Bubble Bobble[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]Nicko71[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Frogger[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]Nicko71, Barra, Mameshane[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Lady Bug[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]Pelly, Chrisbo, Foot[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1942[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]John73, RMacauley, Kane[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Pooyan[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]John73, RMacauley, Foot[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Ms Pacman[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]Brad, Azathoth, MonoJoker[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Mr. Do![/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]Foot, Mameshane, DKong[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Dig Dug[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]Brad, Foot[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

All other games received 3 votes or less:

Wardner x 3 knight76, Barra

Time Pilot x 3 Azathoth, MonoJoker

Phoenix x 3 Kane, MonoJoker

Galaxian x 3 Mameshane, DKong

Pengo x 3 MonoJoker

BombJack x 2 John73,chrisbo

Bump 'n Jump x 2 John73, Knight76

Donkey Kong x 2 Pelly

Donkey Kong Jr x 2 Azathoth

Elevator Action x 2 Brad

0Joust x 3 Brad, Foot, Mameshane

New Zealand Story x 2 Knight76

Pac-Man x 2 Kane

Radien x 2 Pelly, Chrisbo

Rygar x 2 Pelly, Chrisbo

Xevious x 2 RMacauley, Nicko71

Scramble x 2 RMacauley, Fire_Power

Mario Bros x 2 Barra

Burger Time x 2 Fire_Power, DKong

Pac-man x 2 DKong

1943 x 1 RMacauley

Arkanoid x 1 Chrisbo

Asteroids x 1 Kane

Circus Charlie x 1 RMacauley

Crush Roller x 1 Foot

Juno First x 1 Kane

Pacland x 1 Knight76

Pang x 1 Chrisbo

Q*Bert x 1 John73

Roc 'n Rope x 1 Azathoth

Slap Fight x 1 Nicko71

Super Sprint x 1 Chrisbo

Wonderboy x 1 Chrisbo

Hang On x 1 Barra

Space Invaders x 1 Mameshane

Anteater x 1 Fire_Power

Scrambled Eggs x 1 Fire_Power

Qix x 1 Fire_Power

Chicken Shift x 1 Fire_Power

UniwarS x 1 Fire_Power

A quick explanation of how games were selected for all those games with 4 votes and nominated by 3 people, leaving a tie break that I had to some how work out.

I tried to look at who nominated games and try and give everyone who had nominated at least one game in the final 8. Brad did not get one of his games into the final 8 (sorry about that), in all honesty Ms Pacman probably should have been played instead of Frogger.

My reasoning for the choices:

1942 - Ruled out as both Myself, Rob had another game included higher up.

Pooyan - Ruled out as Myself, Rob & Foot had another game included higher up.

Mr. Do! - Ruled out as Foot, Mameshane & DKong had another game included higher up.

So this left me to find 2 games out of the 3 (Lady Bug, Ms. Pac-Man & Frogger) remaining. Lady Bug & Frogger both being maze based games, I decided the best option would to be drop one of them - Ms. Pac-Man was the unlucky one, and include Frogger which is undoubtedly a classic that everyone has heard of.

If we go this voting option in the future, now is your chance to put in your 2 cents on how it could be better. Sorry to those guys who missed out on a game of theirs being played, I did my best to include as many people as possible :)

As a newbie, I find your reasonings really good, and think it worked out well.

Maybe for 19 if the games that may of missed out due to the ties, should be favoured if there is a tie?

Or worth putting up a poll for the final spots?

Ie 4 games vie for the final 3 spots, don't say that they are vying for 3 spots, and then go from there?

Either way, I will suck at the games chosen, so doesn't worry me.

I just look forward to learning new games.

Well I voted on the assumption that I was voting for Recognised classics. Sure I put a few on wardner to give it a chance, had I known turtles would get up I would have chucked some on the roller.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Well I voted on the assumption that I was voting for Recognised classics. Sure I put a few on wardner to give it a chance, had I known turtles would get up I would have chucked some on the roller.

I checked all of the 116 games played between MGL8 and MGL18 (the current MGL), and Turtles has been played twice!

Can you believe that?

Dig Dug has never been played, and the highest number a game has been played is only ... 3

On three games played are Frogger, Gyruss, Ladybug and Moon Patrol (game 8 in the current MGL). All other games played are 2 or less.

And yes Double Dragon was played in MGL17 whereas Wardner, Asteroids, Dig Dug, Wizard of Wor, Pooyan, Monster Bash, Congo Bongo and Nibbler have zip in MGLs!

Oh and there are no records left of what were the games played from MGL1 to MGL7 ... :088:

:)

Edited by OOO

We've played Crush roller (maybe twice) and Pooyan for sure =)

Brad

From MGL8 to MGL18, there is no record of Pooyan being played.

You're right in MGL13, the great Roller was played.

What was played in MGL1 to MGL7, I don't know, AA deleted the archives.

• Super Moderator

If you check the high score list you can fill in some of the gaps from mgl 1 to 7.

We have played Pooyan and Amy has the high score with 473k

Poor old Turtles has copped a hammering for being played in this MGL, and it's time I stood up for it!

I hated the game after I first played it, and now it's a favorite.

To all those "Turtle" haters & "Crush Roller" lovers let me say this.....

With out getting too political - global warming has nothing to do with carbon emissions from cars and factories - the earth is warming at an alarming state from all of the discarded Crush Roller boards in landfills across the world. The game is horrible. And not only has the Crush Roller boards in landfill increased global warming, it is nothing compared to the global warming caused by the programmers of Crush Roller who were obviously smoking 100 times the annual Pot production of Nimbin in a bumper season in a week to come up with such a ridiculous game.

That is all :p

J/K everyone... not looking to start an argument (but Crush Roller really does blow goats) :lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you check the high score list you can fill in some of the gaps from mgl 1 to 7.

We have played Pooyan and Amy has the high score with 473k

Yeah Pooyan has definitely been played, but how many times? I'd guess probably only once in MGL 1 to 7.

Love that game, sorta glad it didn't come up this MGL because I'm positive Rob (along with others) would have knocked me off on this one. Great game, but another game that is open to leeching - but like Time Pilot, I know how to leech this game, but I still can't do it.

Poor old Turtles has copped a hammering for being played in this MGL, and it's time I stood up for it!

I hated the game after I first played it, and now it's a favorite. ....

I nominated Turtles back in MGL14 and will also defend it. It is a true classic, about the only valid criticism is that chance plays a little bit too much of a part in it. Those that slag it wouldn't recognise a classic game if it bit them on the arse. Next voting round I may just go 4 votes Turtles and 4 votes Crush Roller :)

I nominated Turtles back in MGL14 and will also defend it. It is a true classic, about the only valid criticism is that chance plays a little bit too much of a part in it. Those that slag it wouldn't recognise a classic game if it bit them on the arse. Next voting round I may just go 4 votes Turtles and 4 votes Crush Roller :)

I noted how many people seemed to dislike Bump 'n Jump the last time it was played, which is why I only gave it one (or was it 2?) of my votes this time round. I tried to spread my votes over games that I thought the majority of people would enjoy :)

Seems to me like Crush Roller & Turtles should be permanently banned from all future nominations - too many people hate both games :lol I'm still threatening to run a year long Turtles V Crush Roller championship though :)