Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Adjusting RGB pots

Hey guys,

Been fiddling with my RGB pots on my MAME machine and I just can't quite get it right.

Does anyone know of a good game I can put into service to get a screen like this? Looking for one with the crosshatch and the trasitional colour bars.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness

Also, this site mentions RGB cutoffs and gains, which I am not sure about. I have a Kortek KT-2603X chassis. There are colour pots on the chassis, and then colour pots on the neckboard. I am assuming one is the gain and one is the cutoff? Or is that totally wrong? :)

Thanks for the help! Everytime I adjust the screen I get it to a good point, but then I am not fully happy with it, and I adjust it again and usually make it a bit worse :)

Neo games have quite a good colour test in the service menu.

I won't pretend to fully understand it, but this works for me;

Pick the solid screens of colour in the tests and tweak the gains until all the colours look ok (check white as well(

Then move onto the graded bands of colour that fade into black - tweak the cutoffs until the colours fade to black at the same point

Rinse and repeat until you're happy - you'll also probably need to tweak brightness and contrast too...

HTH

Hey guys,

Been fiddling with my RGB pots on my MAME machine and I just can't quite get it right.

Does anyone know of a good game I can put into service to get a screen like this? Looking for one with the crosshatch and the trasitional colour bars.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness

Also, this site mentions RGB cutoffs and gains, which I am not sure about. I have a Kortek KT-2603X chassis. There are colour pots on the chassis, and then colour pots on the neckboard. I am assuming one is the gain and one is the cutoff? Or is that totally wrong? :)

Thanks for the help! Everytime I adjust the screen I get it to a good point, but then I am not fully happy with it, and I adjust it again and usually make it a bit worse :)