Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Xmen

Well after 6 months or so of owning the machine I have really only started to appreciate it recently. I had a look at what to do and how to actually score points on this thing and I tell you what this game is actually making me a better player by having to hold the ball and make my shot otherwise it just bounces around and the magnets ruin your life... The call outs are pretty sweet and I think they've gotten the mix of overlapping modes down reasonably well. Only real problems is not really knowing where you are in the first mode you started because the second mode takes over. Not sure how they are going to work this out but the game is really playable and I'm finding myself just pressing start again when a game finishes. Although game times are longer now because I'm not just flailing... Hopefully there is another update soon to add some polish to this game but otherwise I think they are on the right track :)

Agree - I took the plunge and bought a PRO a few months back and I am VERY pleasantly surprised by the game, the depth and the excellent flow.

Some very tight shots in there as well ( Xavier and Rogue ) - it seems like a really well balanced game and I actually like the randomness of the magnets.

The Magneto magnet can be absolutely wild.

I agree it takes a bit of getting used to ( what to shoot for and what mode you are in ) , but that is getting clearer to me.

yeah I've played the one at the Courthouse pub in Newtown a bit and really enjoyed it except the one there is a LE and has that stupid ramp thing that moves across the whole playfield and looks ridiculous and dosen't add much to gameplay ... you're better off with the pro I reckon (although i've never played a pro)

I reckon in time X-Men will become very sort after ... same as Ironman and Spiderman have become, both of those weren't too popular when they came out.

While the software wasn't great when the game was released, to be fair it wasn't too bad ... but some people on Pinside got a bee in their bonnet that their new $7000 toys weren't 100% to their liking. Big poofs.

The same happened with Transformers ... 2 or 3 very vocal people almost destroyed Transformers. TF is actually a very very cool game.

In a few years, X-Men will be clamoured for .. especially the LEs, there were only 300 Wolverines and 250 Magnetos made.

I've loved it from day 1 ... the shots are tight, but very rewarding. When they add combos to the software in the next update, game will be complete.

And Magneto is one of the best looking pins ever made. Beautiful.

rd

I reckon in time X-Men will become very sort after ... same as Ironman and Spiderman have become, both of those weren't too popular when they came out.

Quite a few people starting to whisper that lately

Every one know's Wolverine is the best :p

Everyone knows blue pins are for poofs Mikey :lol :lol :lol

rd

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a few people starting to whisper that lately

Good things take time Wotto ;)

rd.

yep this game kicks my ass! I still cant work out how to score huge :unsure

At minimum atleast start if not Complete as many of the xmen as you can THEN start sentinels THEN start magneto multiball. You can score around 9 mil on sentinels if you play long enough :)

- - - Updated - - -

While the software wasn't great when the game was released, to be fair it wasn't too bad ... but some people on Pinside got a bee in their bonnet that their new $7000 toys weren't 100% to their liking. Big poofs.

The same happened with Transformers ... 2 or 3 very vocal people almost destroyed Transformers. TF is actually a very very cool game.

In a few years, X-Men will be clamoured for .. especially the LEs, there were only 300 Wolverines and 250 Magnetos made.

I've loved it from day 1 ... the shots are tight, but very rewarding. When they add combos to the software in the next update, game will be complete.

And Magneto is one of the best looking pins ever made. Beautiful.

rd

When I got mine it had the 1.2 code on it which wasn't bad. 1.22 wasn't bad code. BUT 1.23 was a complete and utter cluster F. I think they have hit the nail on the head with the 1.24 code it plays nicely they just need to refine how te modes overlap. It would be nice to know what to shoot for in each mode that is running but other than that no real complaints apart from the crappy dots when you get a combo. Most of the dots are awesome though

I had some great games on my Wolverine yesterday,

Might have a couple of games today now that I am stacking hero modes (changed options last night) :)

Saw that "stacking" thread on Pinside today.

Weird that people want to stack hero modes ... When 1.23 came out that's what everyone was bitching about.

On 1.23 I set it to "hard" and it didn't stack so much and that was ok.

But I prefer standard 1.24 code.

The stacking did make the game farrrrrr easier though. I was getting to Danger Room every couple of games.

I think I have got to Danger Room 3-4 times on 1.24 code.

rd

Saw that "stacking" thread on Pinside today.

Weird that people want to stack hero modes ... When 1.23 came out that's what everyone was bitching about.

On 1.23 I set it to "hard" and it didn't stack so much and that was ok.

But I prefer standard 1.24 code.

The stacking did make the game farrrrrr easier though. I was getting to Danger Room every couple of games.

I think I have got to Danger Room 3-4 times on 1.24 code.

rd

I've never even made it close to danger room just have play better I guess...