Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fish Tales DMD

yendor

Question

Hi all, didn't think I would have to be posting in this section so soon since joining. What I have is extra lights lighting up in the corner of the DMD on my FT. Seems good for about a two minutes then starts to light up the lower right corner, flickering more or less when different texts are scrolled across the DMD. I have checked the connections on both DMD and controller board. I'm now thinking of replacing the DMD Controller board as I have read these have issues over time but before out laying $$$ I thought would ask if anyone has had similar issues with there Williams DMD.

DMD Pics

fishtales3.thumb.jpg.63b64fb88e5200f8517d2432f9e26c75.jpg

fishtales1.thumb.jpg.c13542387b07c9a92eafa5c0fd1f4068.jpg

Cheers and thanks for any advice

Yendor

9 answers to this question

Yes, having just done this I can tell you these are meant to be (in order from left to right when you have the dmd out and resting on the glass);

-125V

-113V

Key

Gnd

Gnd

+5V

+12V

+62V

Yep, that's right and they don't have to be spot on those values - there is some leeway other than the 12V difference in the negative voltages as robm points out.

If the problem is with the HV, then Homepin sells a nice add-on board that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the input guys, strange thing is I played a few game after work this evening and had no issue at all. Will check voltages then recheck them if it comes back.

Ok, here's what I have...

-122V

-109V

(blank)

Gnd

Gnd

+4.8V

+12.7V

+65.2V

Seems pretty close to lukex figures.

Don't think there's much more to do if it's not playing up...