Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Babystar 1940 in 1 update

You could go to a 2019/2040. 2100 wont run on that system

But dont always think an update is good. With the baby star/games family for example if you up to 2040 you will lose games for example wonder boy in monster land and gain some other crap game in its place.

I would be happy to stick with the 1940 or at most the 2019..

Not worht the hassle..

Yeah he's been working on it since 2008.

:lol

Its funny cause its true :) That has got to be the longest project...

I used to run a mame league on Josh's (maniac) site, he's a great guy very helpful. He wrote a guide on how to add games to the babystar system, just go to his site and download it, get yourself a ext usb caddy, and take deep breaths cause it's a painful process....but it does get easier the more you do it.

Silly question do I physically have to take the HDD out of the babystar and put it in a caddy or can I run a male to male USB cable to my main computer and get the baby star image that way

As far as I know, no. If the Babystar system is still the same basically as it was when I bought my xxxx-1 (2008) then you will need to remove the gamebox, and remove the hdd, put it into a USB ext caddy, and load it up onto your PC.

There's a bit to know about the system before you can add games though. Get that guide from Josh's site and have a good read - it was my bible over the years for hacking the Babystar system.

I was wondering in order to get a complete copy of my baby stars HDD to have a play around with it and copy it to my main PC, instead of removing the babystar from my beautiful cab, surely I can just run a USB bridge cable from the babystar to my PC and copy the hDD onto my main PC or use an Ethernet cable, essentially its a pc so that should work shouldn't it, I just don't want to remove it as I have meticulously installed the babystar into my cab.

I would not think the baby star would have all of the drivers to let you do it and the data transfer would take for ever. It is a very cut down version of windows.

Yep. It uses Chinese Win2K version of windows so even if you can start to setup networking etc, you have the language barrier.

People have done it though - ie setup LAN so you can use Ethernet cable and browse to modify. Complicated and you'll also need to be able to load drivers like Gameworx has already said. Again - details are on the xxxx-in-1 site.

To be honest if I had understood the amount of work ahead of me 5 years ago when I bought the machine, I would have removed the gamebox and put a standard cheap Mame PC in there instead. These xxxx-1 cabs are already Jamma-ready so the conversion to standard PC is easy and then you run whatever you want and adding anything is a piece of cake.

Hey guys would any one know why my babystar sh1ts itself when I insert a coin in the coin mech

Joysticks seize up

No buttons work

Need to turn cab off

I have noticed that coin light Dimms by half its brightness

Mind you all my other jamma boards except coins no problems

Hey guys would any one know why my babystar sh1ts itself when I insert a coin in the coin mech

Joysticks seize up

No buttons work

Need to turn cab off

I have noticed that coin light Dimms by half its brightness

Mind you all my other jamma boards except coins no problems

Bizarre. Nope, never heard of that problem before. Hook up a kb to your gamebox, and change the credit to a button using mame or other emu menu.

• 3 years later...
:lol

Josh's (maniac) site, he's a great guy very helpful. He wrote a guide on how to add games to the babystar system, just go to his site and download it, get yourself a ext usb caddy, and take deep breaths cause it's a painful process....but it does get easier the more you do it.

Whats the URL to his site?

Would like to get the guide.

Babystar 1940 in 1 update

Whats the URL to his site?

Would like to get the guide.

Hey mate couldn't find it directly

Does this work for you

http://cdn1.spotidoc.com/store/data/000188489.pdf?key=cf3d1f091b94b323846f9a3bf2f477cb&r=1&fn=188489.pdf&t=1461974682201&p=86400

EDIT

If not I just went here and click I'm not a robot chose the correct images, then I could download it

http://spotidoc.com/download/188489