Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Soldering/Desoldering Station Part Suppliers

Arcade King

Question

Aliexpress have a few decent options. They have the upgraded JayCar model, which is what I'm using, it has more power in regards to heating and suction and a redesigned gun. Trouble free for me for a long time now.

Oh cheers... :)

What model are you using? I'm kinda over mine.

Cheers. Thanks for the link @Frank_fjs!

They both go to 480c. By more power do you mean it heats up quicker than the Jaycar?

More suction would be good. The Jaycar one sucks in that it doesn't suck all that well, maybe why it regularly blocks.

When you say trouble free, how much are you using it? I'm bad mouthing the Jaycar one a bit, but it does get a hammering. 1-3 hours a day on average for a month before it needs a new heater. Just want to compare apple with apples. Cheers. :)

Edited by taito

Ok been almost a year since this thread was updated. Looking to buy a beginner a soldering station as he has just started to do some soldering (very basic) on some 12V and 14.4V motors and power supplies. Any ideas on a station under $100 which is good for a beginner?

Cheers

Hey,

My $150 S-993A de solder gun has shit itself twice!

I am looking at a decent de soldier gun that will last longer than 1 month, can anyone recommend one for me and why they recommend it please.

I do not care what I spend, something that will last longer than a few months.

I am liking the Hakko range of guns.

Thanks

- Con

• Super Moderator

I like the mobile hakko desoldering guns,I use an 808 for customer repairs on site and a FR301 in the workshop,not cheap but spare parts and tips are readly available.

I have tried using the cheap benchtop versions but they dont come close to a hakko if you use them regulary.

I also have a metcal desoldering attachment for my soldering station,way expensive and works awesome but needs an air compressor connected to it so it just becomes a pita to use

• Like 2

• Administrators
The Hakko FR-400 is a great unit. Plenty of power for removing diodes etc from those heavy power planes and a good assortment of tip sizes. The tube which catches the solder is quite a bit larger than the old 701 unit and its lot more powerful at 300W compared to the 701 with 140W. I have had my unit almost since they first came out and its been an awesome unit. They are expensive to buy, but in my opinion they are worth every cent.
  • Like 1

Guys,

My crappy de soldering gun kept crapping out, went and purchased a Hakko FR-410. It's unbelievable, removes components perfectly with the right temperature settings and it sucks like its never sucked before lol

Anyone looking at getting one of these wont be disappointed, thanks to the previous comments.

20210928_150102-min-min.thumb.jpg.ffb397355e0c39524fd2d1e4d269ed50.jpg20210928_150133-min-min.thumb.jpg.56f36cb431dd341375953ddd9807c1ed.jpg20210928_164541-min-min.thumb.jpg.1077c8ec09caa453e7eac07fe109da8d.jpg20210928_164552-min-min.thumb.jpg.d9041cea440a5d6b35a18762b8eb26d9.jpg20210928_145422-min-min.thumb.jpg.9b9a1f83a955b38cba5a6deb7bdb217c.jpg

- Con

• Like 4