Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SM vs LOTR vs TSPP

silverbak

Hi, I'm dreaming of what pin to get next. I like deep games but not epic games (very long game time). I've owned STTNG, TZ, CV & WH20 all of which I've really enjoyed, thinking of going a Stern next maybe

Is LOTR a good game or is it repetitive & very long, how does it compare to SM & TSPP?

I know TSPP is very deep & clunky with crappy sound but great ruleset

SM looks good but could be repetitive

LOTR might be my preference but is it too epic & possibly repetitive (by repetitive I mean does it have modes where you have to hit the same shot say 10 times to complete etc)

I appreciate any feedback especially from those who have played serious time on any of the above

thanks, Paul

Owned lotr and loved it only sold it because at the time I had no where to put it and wanted something else. I want to get another one one day it is an awesome machine. The multi balls are a challenge to get but are fun to try and complete. I haven't really played the other machines but I had a few games on Wotto's tspp and I just couldn't get into it. Spider-Man I still haven't had enough games on it to formulate an answer on it either way but early impressions are that it isn't too bad but the shots are TIGHT so if you aren't the greatest player then it might trouble you

silverbak, I think you hit the nail on the head!

I owned a LOTR, only lasted 6 months or so. Ball times way too long, and because of this I didn't find it fun to play with another person. It became a chore to play for me

I have both TSPP & SM and I can't see them going anywhere soon. I would probably get bored of SM in a small collection, but in a 3+ it is just awesome

I think the best thing is watch the PAPA tutorials on you tube to get a good idea of playing the machines.

As awesome as those videos are, you have to keep in mind that they are playing in tournament mode and maximising scoring possibilities. Sometimes that can make an otherwise great games look boring due to repetitive shot making.

I owned a LOTR, only lasted 6 months or so. Ball times way too long, and because of this I didn't find it fun to play with another person. It became a chore to play for me

I have both TSPP & SM and I can't see them going anywhere soon. I would probably get bored of SM in a small collection, but in a 3+ it is just awesome

I was the opposite. Have owned all three and would only ever buy lotr back. I had the LE and it is much much faster game because of the clearcoat, makes a big difference. Playing a normal lotr seemed sluggish?

Agree with this completely, currently have all three (TSPP, SM and LOTR LE) and LOTR is too slow and drawn out much like the movie - an overblown pedestrian quest of "we're walking, we're walking, we're walking".

SM gives you some fast paced action (much like AFM), and TSPP gives you depth of gameplay for the seasoned player.

Visitors always play SM the most, followed by TSPP.

I own a LOTR LE. Great machine, with lots to do. As far as repetition with shots, there's only one mode I can think of that requires this. All other modes (and there are many) mix it up sufficiently in my opinion. Worth mentioning the multi-balls. Three main ones plus a couple of extra 'feature' multi-balls. The main multi-balls are easy to 'get to' but I like the fact that they're generally difficult to complete (and therefore very rewarding when you do). This aspect, always has me coming back for more games. Can't speak for SM, but I do like TSPP, mainly because I'm a simpsons tragic. Probably wouldn't enjoy playing it if it weren't for that.......

As awesome as those videos are, you have to keep in mind that they are playing in tournament mode and maximising scoring possibilities. Sometimes that can make an otherwise great games look boring due to repetitive shot making.

I avoid these videos I like to work a game out myself these vids give secrets away and it ruins the fun for me.

TSPP is for hardcore players who don't mind a tonne of stop start. Novices will walk away after 1 or 2 games as it is a very difficult game. I imagine the sofa lock is what 'the pinball circus' feels like.

Flow least to most:

- TSPP

- LOTR

- SM

Difficulty least to most:

- SM

- LOTR

- TSPP