Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 6: ATTACK FROM MARS [Finished]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

    Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 6: ATTACK FROM MARS [Finished]

    OZSTICK is ready to take on those goddamn Aliens with his nomination:

    ATTACK FROM MARS




    TOURNEY RULES


    - 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks
    - No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)
    - No buy-ins or continues etc
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score
    - Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table
    - you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself
    - Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

    This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

    If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

    Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ?


    PROGRESS SCORES:

    Dedrok 288,912,025,340
    Stuzza 25,897,173,150
    Ozstick 17,510,389,410
    Foot 5,202,822,020

    Last edited by Foot; 25th August 2013 at 07:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,355
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1921 Post(s)
    Awesome.

    Time to try and crack my old high score.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dedrok View Post
    Awesome.

    Time to try and crack my old high score.
    Haven't played much of this before. Time to learn it's secrets, is there more to it than just keep smacking the saucer over and over for big points, same fashion as Medieval Madness castle runs etc

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,355
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1921 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    is there more to it than just keep smacking the saucer over and over for big points, same fashion as Medieval Madness castle runs etc
    Yep,
    Super jackpots build up to 1B
    Finish modes to lite Rule the Universe (big points)
    Victory laps build up to 500M

    - - - Updated - - -

    JP v2.31

    108,411,403,460

    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    Which version are we gonna run for this one?? The latest? Cos I know the older one seemed a bit easier than JPs latest revision.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    State
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    6,355
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1921 Post(s)
    My desktop system is too laggy on the flippers for the new version so am using the older version.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

    What is the older version, can someone post revision number ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    This is the original B2S version I am running, v2.3.1: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=6527

    But new version, v2.4.0: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=4577

    I haven't updated to 2.4 yet as originally it caused stutter issues - until upgrading to 915 now is all ok. Plus there was no animated backglasses, but now the B2S system is out.

    I think from memory the new one seems a bit harder to play.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,174
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by stuzza View Post
    This is the original B2S version I am running, v2.3.1: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=6527

    But new version, v2.4.0: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...&showfile=4577

    I haven't updated to 2.4 yet as originally it caused stutter issues - until upgrading to 915 now is all ok. Plus there was no animated backglasses, but now the B2S system is out.

    I think from memory the new one seems a bit harder to play.
    Thanks stuzza.

    I haven't updated to 9.15 yet, just a bit scared, as all tables I have run perfect, more than 100 db2s in my cab. The old if it ain't broke...

    Oh and 108 billion, dafuq !!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,521
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Thanks stuzza.

    I haven't updated to 9.15 yet, just a bit scared, as all tables I have run perfect, more than 100 db2s in my cab. The old if it ain't broke...

    Oh and 108 billion, dafuq !!!
    I have updated to 915 now and it fixed a lot of problems with some of the newer tables like Star Wars Trilogy. ie. it fixes issues with the use of primitives and gi lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •