Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fried AV famicom

Hello,

I've got meself a AV Famicom for free, but there's nothing like a free meal. It was told to be broken, so i opened it up to find some problems. As I thougd the power convertion seemed to be blown. I replaced the LM7805 and its 1000uf con. Now I have clean 5.0 volt on all the right places. But if I connect to a tv set I only get a white screen?

Is there anything else I can test to know what might be wrong?

Regards, Noel Ramakers.

You may not be in much luck mate. From what I have found the AV famicom does not have fuse like the original famicom. Possibly an incorrect polarity PS was used and fried things further up the line. I did have a faulty AV famicom which I fixed by replacing the voltage regulator.

I have had white screens before and from what I have found it is a fried PPU unit which would need to be replaced. Not sure if its work the hassle.

You could possibly butcher a normal Famicom for the PPU and do a transplant.

• 1 month later...

you are going to need to use a logic tester to see whats happening on the ppu/cpu see if there is any activity at all, this will not be a simple fix.

I have seen sometimes the reset gets held in and you require to build a circuit using a 74hcu etc.

Take it to a pro or keep it for spares is my advice otherwise go buy a scope or logic tester you can get some cheap second hand ones for 300ish now