Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tinned wire ?

+1, If you are thinking the supply wire to GI and lamps thats under all those staples how about thinking why before you do it. Run a mutimeter set on Ohms on the bare ass PF wiring and check for resistance to see if the supply wire is actually worth replacing. I'd guess not.Unless someone has messed with it, My2cW, leave it.

I purchased some tinned copper wire from here http://www.hartleywilliams.com.au/index.php?slug=hw-list-1013 but haven't tried it yet. Cost me $23 or so with postage. It is not braid though and I am told it should do just fine.

Yes i saw your thread on the other webisite last week but noticed it was solid wire not stranded and while it will do the same job i was trying to use the same as original. None the less i saw Homepin's video and it just clicked, i have heaps of rolls of tinned cable at work so i grabbed a piece and tried it....perfect so that problem solved :)

- - - Updated - - -

So you going to rewire the Paragon? That sounds like one huge job!!!

The new playfield going in is blank on the back hence why i was looking for the wire. New light sockets right thru as well. Just a matter of copying from one to the other, so not so bad

- - - Updated - - -

+1, If you are thinking the supply wire to GI and lamps thats under all those staples how about thinking why before you do it. Run a mutimeter set on Ohms on the bare ass PF wiring and check for resistance to see if the supply wire is actually worth replacing. I'd guess not.Unless someone has messed with it, My2cW, leave it.

I'ts all good Jeff the wire is going on the NEW playfield :)