Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Withholding benefits for un-vaccinated children

joele

So this will be interesting, lol, who thinks this is excessive government control and who thinks this is the right thing to do?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/inject-children-or-lose-money/story-fn7x8me2-1226205382138

I will confess personally I am for it as un-vaccinated children are up 500-600% in many areas, we already have whooping cough outbreaks around us (and in other areas around the country) due to this and even measles is creeping back (our youngest just had it before he was old enough to have had the vaccine).. The lack of herd immunization endangers all our children, but does personal freedom trump the greater good??

Was scary to see almost half the people disagreeing with it, I can only imagine what will happen if that many people do not vaccinate their children, maybe we can have polio back..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to our communist state - and people have the hide to tell me about how bad the Chinese Govt is.......

Well they are not forcing them to do it, just deducting benefits due to the increased medical costs for society as a whole associated with their choice..

So if their decision causes preventable disease to come back, infact it already is, but will get worse if the government do nothing, do you think it is fine, their right? remember their refusal endangers more than just their own children it also endangers children who are still too young to have been immunized..

Well they are not forcing them to do it, just deducting benefits due to the increased medical costs for society as a whole associated with their choice..

So if their decision causes preventable disease to come back, infact it already is, but will get worse if the government do nothing, do you think it is fine, their right? remember their refusal endangers more than just their own children it also endangers children who are still too young to have been immunized..

I think the Govt should FARK OFF and let the people live their lives. Get on with fixing roads, catching criminals and improving things NOT more BS and red tape and CRAP to support yet another useless bunch of public layabouts - sorry, servants....if some kids catch bad diseases and die that's just tough - it's the parents choice - or should be.

I think the Govt should FARK OFF and let the people live their lives. Get on with fixing roads, catching criminals and improving things NOT more BS and red tape and CRAP to support yet another useless bunch of public layabouts - sorry, servants....

Cool so we can abolish speeding laws and drink driving laws too, I have the right to get pissed and do 200kmh, fark the lot of you ;-)

if some kids catch bad diseases and die that's just tough - it's the parents choice - or should be.

Yes agree except you need to research how vaccination works, once the herd vaccination is below a certain level ALL children vaccinated or not are in danger as seen by the whooping cough outbreaks and my measles example (do you read before you spout off?). If they were only endangering their own children then sure go ahead.. ;-)

Ohh wait maybe you don't care if someone else's child dies (who is too young to be immunized) because of parents who don't immunize? well in that case stop locking up pedophiles, they are just exercising their freedom, if some kid gets hurt well, tough... :blink:

Edited by joele

• Super Moderator

This is a can of worms..

Basically you are injecting unknown chemical antibobies into your kids with little known of the long term consequence. There is a lot of research out there that points to the dangers of vacination, long term affects and side affects.

Again, it is herd mentality, we're told to do it and ridiculed if we don't, they only give you the positive spin on this type of action.

I'm really in two minds at the moment as to whether I sign these consent forms or not. Some balanced opinion here would be good..

I think allot of these people who decide to not vaccinate there children are "google doctors" who have trolled the interweb looking for conspiracy theories on how the government is trying to poison their children or how the immunization is invented to generate money for multi nationals who are in cohoots with the government....yeah right

My cousin is one of these nutters, they have 11 kids all home schooled, zilch immunizations and get paid a motza because of all the kids. Of course "god" will provide (in my book the tax payer) and the kids can hardly communicate as they are never exposed to the outside world.

I'm not sure if they've quite worked out how the babies arrive...perhaps a stork? who knows, its all spirits, goblins and pixies down there... Hope you lot enjoy paying for these freaks, as they're producing a bunch of welfare dependent no hopers.

/rant off

- - - Updated - - -

This is a can of worms..

Basically you are injecting unknown chemical antibobies into your kids with little known of the long term consequence. There is a lot of research out there that points to the dangers of vacination, long term affects and side affects.

Again, it is herd mentality, we're told to do it and ridiculed if we don't, they only give you the positive spin on this type of action.

I'm really in two minds at the moment as to whether I sign these consent forms or not. Some balanced opinion here would be good..

That is out right bull farking shit invented by crack pots with absolutely no peer reviewed scientific evidence.

This is a can of worms..

Basically you are injecting unknown chemical antibodies into your kids with little known of the long term consequence.

Actually very well researched, but yeah..

There is a lot of research out there that points to the dangers of vacination, long term affects and side affects.

please reference... There is research showing that say the polio vaccine causes 1 in 100,000 to have complications, but the complication rate of the disease is much much higher..

Funny many say the same about the anti-vaccination movement, they make claims and quote disproved studies where the scientists doing the studies admitted they faked the figures and have since retracted their calims, like the ridiculous claim and well disprove one that MMR causes autism, but due to herd fear mentality people who have done little research believe this even after it was retracted and misconduct admitted, and go along with it...

sure, I would love to see peer reviews studies that show that the dangers of vaccines is higher than the dangers of the diseases they prevent, as at least I could understand the claims then by people with no evidence to back up their claims.. Sorry if that is harsh I have just been reading some AVer stuff where they keep quoting studies that the authors themselves have retracted and admitted impropriety..

Re: Withholding benefits for un-vaccinated children

On the with-holding benefits part you can contact centrelink and state that you are not going to be getting your kids immunized and not have payments withheld. At least thats how it used to be unless something hss changed. Im not working in the families section.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

On the with-holding benefits part you can contact centrelink and state that you are not going to be getting your kids immunized and not have payments withheld. At least thats how it used to be unless something hss changed. Im not working in the families section.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I just read that, you're right, the whole thing is a waste of bloody time as you sign a conscientious objector form and you get your benefits.. What a stupid waste of time why make law that you won't enforce?

• Super Moderator
Yeah I just read that, you're right, the whole thing is a waste of bloody time as you sign a conscientious objector form and you get your benefits.. What a stupid waste of time why make law that you won't enforce?

And so why isn't that reported in the news article..

****ing mountains out of mole hills again..

And so why isn't that reported in the news article..

****ing mountains out of mole hills again..

I don't know, typical Australian media telling half the story.. why make the law in the first place, when you just have to sign a form to avoid it? To me it is like having drink driving laws but saying you can sign a form saying you like alcohol so the law doesn't apply to you..

The rising number of UN-vaccinated children is real though, just that neither side of government seems to have the balls to do anything about it..

There are many who fear getting their kids immunized.

An old work mate of mine had his son immunized. Prior he was a happy boy running around enjoying life. After a reaction, he is bound to a wheelchair with brain damage for the rest of his life. My work mate had to quit his job and sell his house to support him.

The reality of not having immunization is something that most people don't think about. The only reason the kids that don't get immunized don't drop dead is because most of the kids around them are immunized. If enough kids stop getting immunized it creates a pool of hosts for disease to spread.

The minute number of kids that have a reaction that lead them to have serious side effects (even as severe as death) are an acceptable sacrifice. Look up child mortality prior to the advent of widespread immunization or better yet, how about this chestnut - childhood mortality in Australia is about 0.02%, most countries in Africa exceed 10%, with some even exceeding 20%. There are a combination of factors that contribute to this, but by far the biggest contributor is a lack of immunization (other factors include lack of access to clean drinking water, and tropical diseases for which there are no vaccines).

Most of us are to young to have seen how horrible these preventable diseases were. But we will be seeing them again due to people not immunising and the increase of illegal aliens entering the country bringing in the diseases that were basically wiped out here. It is a hard argument to immunise or not due to the reactions some kids have but I think in the long run it is worth it.

I don't know, typical Australian media telling half the story.. why make the law in the first place, when you just have to sign a form to avoid it? To me it is like having drink driving laws but saying you can sign a form saying you like alcohol so the law doesn't apply to you..

The Constitution overrides and prevents enforcement of the law as "civil conscription" as it relates to the provision of any medical or dental services is specifically prohibited. By making a requirement that to continue receiving welfare benefits you must get vaccinated the Govt (and its authorised agencies - Centrelink or any other Govt office) are seen as coercing or "conscripting" people. That is why GP's and Centrelink have the option for persons to sign the conscientious objector forms if they wish to without prejudice,bias or undue influence.

Section 51 - Legislative powers of the Parliament

(xxiiiA) the provision of maternity allowances, widows' pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and hospital benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription), benefits to students and family allowances;

By the way, I agree with you that vaccinations should be compulsory and as I said a few weeks ago in another thread about gun control/free speech in the US, this is another example of why you do not draft amendments into a Constitution/Bill of Rights that are too specific. There will always be crackpots that will find a way to interpret the section and push the boundaries of either good taste or common sense with their antics.

For example, I would really like to see arguments against vaccinations take place during the height of the polio epidemics in Australia during the 40's and 50's. Australia and most of the developed world is now polio free thanks to the Salk vaccine (and its derivatives).

For example, I would really like to see arguments against vaccinations take place during the height of the polio epidemics in Australia during the 40's and 50's. Australia and most of the developed world is now polio free thanks to the Salk vaccine (and its derivatives).

Which is sadly on the rise in some African countries despite free vaccines as rumors spread that it causes AIDS, bit like the one here that MMR causes Autism..

There was actually a movement (albeit small) here and in other western countries against the polio vaccine in the 1950s/60s due to the fact that 1 in 750,000 developed paralysis from it VAPP (vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis).. Of course the risk is far far lower than the risk of the disease itself and the anti-vac movement failed and in the west it is basically wiped out, today though, as has been said, people have forgotten what the days before vaccines were like and the anti-vaccination people can scare people with the rare adverse reactions without them having a clear memory that the disease is actually far worse and more common..

I whole heartedly agree with the move. I also have in-laws that feel they know better than everyone else, home school, home birth, kids do what they want when they want, no vaccinations - etc, etc and don't want anything to do with the government or government departments. They also ignored advice given by numerous doctors to move to a major centre before giving birth to twins, but no, they wanted to have them on the loungeroom floor. Surprise surpirse they needed an ambulance, and chopper - of course now they needed to rely on 'the system' they hate so much at our expense. I know this is a bit of a rant, but so many people that choose not to vaccinate have similar attitudes.

Yes, there are potential risks with vaccinations (although these are often blown out of proportion by scaremongeres), but as sleazius mentioned, the risk of not vaccinating is so much higher

Wonder how many of those refusing to vaccinate their kids are able to "have a choice" because their parents had them vaccinated and protected them from polio and whooping cough and measles etc. I have seen the effects of polio and whooping cough........ its terrible. Maybe these parents should be made to meet and help polio affected people, and watch videos of poor babies coughing and struggling so badly and deteriorating from whooping cough as part of their receiving money after signing the forms.